How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank goodness no tornados, but it is going to get warm here this weekend. The weatherman said 108 on Sunday and Monday. Will be working to keep my greenhouse cool!!!!:(

Here in the high south (4500ft) we are in the mid seventies but will be lucky to reach the mid 60's over the weekend. We have a micro climate here that will not appear on any weather maps. It rearly ever reaches above 80 degrees up this high and lots of rain. I tell people that it is a temperate rain forest!

Highlands, NC?

We've had a lot of rain this past month, also -- but not as much as you. Plenty, though -- our river is still in flood, and a bolt of lighting knocked out our cable last night. Then there are the mosquitoes!

Well, I spoke too soon. The storm front hit early this morning with a bang and it's still raining. I have a deep, personal suspicion that the
rain gods wait until I get the pool clean and then another storm hits
and drops MORE debris in the pool. Also some dead trees came down
in the woods close to the house and scared me and the dogs to death.
Himself is recovering from surgery and never hears a thing...damn!

*everything is personal*

This morning Lightning was getting close to apartment; saw a flash and a smoke detector chirped right before the bang and I left for work early. Good thing as it started pouring and most of the roads between home and work were quickly under flood water and mud. Saw one car that had hydroplaned into a power pole. Don't know how some of us in cars made it through a few spots without the engine shorting out. West and north got dumped on twice so definite flooding there (and some big rain in spots yesterday as well)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a typhoon off shore to the east of us that will make landfall in the next 24 hours. Equivalent strength to a cat 1 hurricane, so no real worries except for rain and flooding which can be a serious issue in this mountainous country. Another one further out in the Pacific is scheduled to come this way next week. The Pacific is rocking with storms early this year!

Well it's official. 2015 was/is the coldest year in Vic for 24 years! AND...the least amount of sun hours for.......40 years!!!!!!!!
That means we have not had this much cloud cover since I was 16.
Oh the pain... the pain....

Latest posts

Back