How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My paphs are already perking up. I have several phrags spiking, along with niveum, helenae, and wardii. A Berenice opened completely yesterday.....so things are looking good. All those plants are outdoors now.

Autumn is coming this way too! Although day temps are quite high, nights are much cooler..!! (Thank God!!)

It was so cool today, I decided to test my heaters to see if they still worked. They do. Good thing: tomorrow the lows are supposed to be in the 40's (F).

More tornado's in Queens and Brooklyn today. At least these didn't come near my house. But I did get 2.1" of rain in less than an hour....and the winds were so strong that they........knocked over my Onc. sphacelatum. No other problems.....whew!

More tornado's in Queens and Brooklyn today. At least these didn't come near my house. But I did get 2.1" of rain in less than an hour....and the winds were so strong that they........knocked over my Onc. sphacelatum. No other problems.....whew!

You're lucky nothing fell on your property again! It was crazy hot, like 90F, and high humidity before the storm came!

I got an alert on my cell phone at 10:30. So I was on the lookout. I really didn't think we could get hit twice in only 2 years...so we lucked out this time. But....tornado's always occurred in the NYC area, but only every 5 or so years, and mostly as water spouts that would sometimes cause some minor damage in Brooklyn or Staten Island. But....2nd round of tornadoes in 2 years...alright, my yard was wrecked by a "microburst"...but a microburst wrecked Central Park only 2 years before me. But...oh yeah. Climate change is a hoax....................

it was downright hot and very humid saturday, especially down in the city, and getting back home in upstate ny it was quite cold! supposed to be 39F tonight, but then getting back up into the 50's at night and 70's 80's during the day

Wow! I was watchig story about that yesterday. Hope everyone is OK.

For a storm that for 18 hours was rated a Category 5 on the Atlantic hurricane scale it did little damage even on Okinawa, which was the hardest hit. I think two people were reported killed in Korea, but that number will likely rise as flooding occurs, especially in the North. They had bad flooding off a previous storm this summer and were already starving to death. I feel so badly for those people.

They announce coming nights near to freezing here, but I have still Some of my large catts outside, and ansellia, and sobralia, and.., and no more space in the gh :eek: !!! Jean

We are having an incredible September; the forecast right into early October is above normal. The next few days are forecast to be 26C. :drool: And no frost in sight, either...

Latest posts

Back