How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over 100F for over 4 weeks, maybe 5 now... Entire state declared a disaster zone. Fires happening because hay/roofs/etc... Are just too hot.

I had to move all my slippers inside. Just to darn hot for them in the garage.
They can probably go back in Sept. Possible mature Sandy in the works. Wish me luck.

Dull! Dull! Dull! Sunny and warm almost every day. Virtually no rain for three months. Only slight breezes at times. Not even a decent thunderstorm... Booooring!:snore:

Heard there was a tornado in Elmira last night. Hope Charles is OK! :eek:

I heard that this morning as well; something about a disaster area or state of emergency for some spots but don't know more details. I was watching the dark clouds that were passing us to the south, which was probably that system after it had passed by binghamton

(update) here is the latest national weather service prediction for eastern ny and western new england
Flash Floods Possible in Portions of the Northeast Through Sunday Morning

Slow-moving thunderstorms are expected to develop in the Northeast on Saturday, and they will be capable of producing several inches of rainfall in a short period of time. This would easily bring some streams and creeks over their banks. The area with the greatest risk for flash flooding will be from the eastern Catskills to western New England.

there is a large heavy storm heading east along the nys thruway heading towards syracuse and utica (7am saturday); slippertalk members in eastern ny near flood prone areas should check it out. they are getting larger as they head east as the humidity is still very high
http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/northeast_loop.php

Last edited:
Oh wow!!!! Hope everyone is ok!!!!

Well, I had to pull sweaters out of the closet because it was only in the 90's for a few days, lol... Sad when you think the 90's are cool, but glad we had two days of it. Back to the 100's again tomorrow.

looks like we might break 85 this saturday...only the second time over 80 this summer..I LOVE SEATTLE!!

...Not to self. I am not intended for Seattle, temperatures too low.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Yup, though we brought out out sweaters this week... Highs in the upper 90's, lol.... But we're back in the 100's again....

90 is good. :)
I love the heat and humidity, but normally with it comes rain and storms. Not this year :(
I'm beginning to feel guilty for my love of this parching heat!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

So, I woke up this morning in hot and steamy st. Louis, and there's this clear wet stuff on the ground!!!! It's even falling from the sky!! What could it be? Oh yeah, wait, I think it's rain but it's been so long since I've seen it I'm not entirely sure , lol....

Latest posts

Back