How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First day I was able to work in the yard for a couple weeks -- it's just been too hot. Big rains were coming our way yesterday, but dissipated before they got here, and split around us. No rain, but at least 10ºF cooler today than yesterday.

From over 100 to 82 a a high! Unbelievable! It's going to be a low of 55 tonight. I might have to start bringing in the orchids soon...

from bondurant wyoming; scattered showers plus passing clouds here and there plus temps from 85 to 97 during the day. today will be partly cloudy and 'only' 83. when it's not cloudy here it can routinely be in the 40's at night even in august (possible frost any month of the year). it's dry though, local ranchers collecting hay for beef cattle say that grass is very thin because of lower water, so much less hay bales. different to see big round bales dark green because it's grass hay instead of straw/alfalfa which needs to be yellow)

Well, the high in St. Louis turned out to be a whopping 76!!!!! Literally, it was 103 yesterday!!!!! I don't know how to dress, lol....

Sunny days in Luxembourg but Coool nights (under 10 celsuis)! I was thinking of taking my 'outside' orchids (catts, laelias, some phrags, coelogynes..) back to the gh again :confused: !!! Jean

I can't believe this weather

Aug 12 and it's acting like fall already. It went from 90+/74 to 60 last night. Sorry I don't know the C conversion. The whole last month hotter than he** and this morning I came out and ran back in and put a coat on. And the forcast is colder all this week. Going down to 55 two nights this week. Should I be concerned about my Catts, Milts, Wils. Onc. or Cyms. All my slippers are inside in controlled environment. I have other in the garage but can close the windows and be ok for awhile. I plan on building a humidity tent (a huge one) in the basement with lots of lights for the winter but I'm not ready yet. Looks like I better get ready. This is what happens to a true addict who goes out and buys a hundred orchids with out any regard for what they need. :rollhappy: :p God help me. :sob:

This is what happens to a true addict who goes out and buys a hundred orchids with out any regard for what they need. :rollhappy: :p God help me. :sob:

Sounds like the average orchid grower - just one more...

Hot, humid, sticky, typical summer weather here (8AM):

Temp: 28 C (82.4 F)
Humidity: 79%
Dewpoint: 24 C (75.2 F)
Heat Index: 32 C (89.6 F)

Showers expected on and off all day with a high in the low 30s (around 90 F).

was warm and humid, but now at least ten minutes or more of heavy rain plus some scattered for the next 24 hours. yay! :D

(I had sort of forgotten what heavy rain on tree leaves/ house roofs sounded like)

Latest posts

Back