How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do it whenever I can.

Dot, well at least it is beautiful and you've got your greenhouse of plants to carry you through the hard winter months. We won't see leaf color like that here for another month or so.

The leaves are brilliant this year, and the color is coming a little earlier than usual. The speculation is that the very dry summer has caused both the early appearance of color and the intensity. I've never seen the red on maple trees such an intense red as this year. It really is awesome.

Leaves :(
Colour :(
Pumpkins (ok, I like pumpkins)

We were in upstate NY driving around the finger lakes this past weekend and it sure was beautiful, but so, so cold! I had finally had enough when it started to rain.
I'd give anything to have summer back!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Funny, not Fall in NYC area yet.

Curses! This is probably my payback for not being in NYC this week!
We're in Chicago next week...something tells me its going to be fall there! :(

Foggy, threat of frost, no frost, more threats, no frost, lots
of weed pollen everywhere (sneeeeeze, excuse me) and
damn cold after such a hot summer. Typical KY mixed-up
weather. Sheesh. A little color on the way to look forward to.

you should have come to our orchid society show which was this past weekend in syracuse. amazing collection of species in the displays this year (and it was warm inside the nature center)

Oh believe me I wanted to! We just didn't have time to get over that far :( I hope you all had a good show though!

Flurries?

Owwww! My precious ears!

Was at an outdoor wedding today. It was a whopping 9 degrees (celcius) in the sun. 15c is my minimum level of tolerance before the whining begins so the bride is lucky she's one of my oldest friends and I love her dearly! I was the wedding guest in a winter coat and mittens. :D
...It was a beautiful sunny day for them though.

Crystal clear. Not a cloud in the sky.
This Orionid meteor shower was a pile of overhyped BS.
One meteor does not equal a shower.

Walkin' in a winter wonderland...my backyard at present. :p Shouldn't last long as it's not very cold out.

IMG_4163_zps4fab28d0.jpg

That's beautiful!!!!

High in the 80s for a few days here but near freezing in St. Louis by next weekend.... Guess I'm pulling the last few 'chids in this week, lol....

This Orionid meteor shower was a pile of overhyped BS.
One meteor does not equal a shower.

maybe the meteors can't compete with the light pollution from the eastern seaboard. saw quite a few meteors in august in wyoming viewed from sister/boyfriends' ranch setting; you could see the whole band of the milky way from out there! meteors flying from all directions

partly cloudy/sunny and very breezy, mid 50's, showers around here and there

I've watched meteor shower here before.
When I was outside early this morning, I could see planets with naked eye.
I really think it was the general lack of rocks.

Shorts and a t-shirt right now.
Sunny.

Back