Haul from Ecuagenera at SF Orchid Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adiaphane

Reaction score
I knew I was going to be in trouble if I went to their booth at the show. Naturally it was the first booth I went to. The possibility of a particular plant being there had me dig through the boxes with all the phragmipediums inside, but I didn't see it. The particular one I held my breath for. I did find two others I wanted: a schlimii and popowii. Definitely no kovachii. I went to pay, but they were taking cash only, so I asked Ivan to hold the plants for me.

I visited other stalls, bought a couple of cattleyas, a sedirea japonica (they're so little and cute!), and a Paph. Fanaticum in sheath. After going to the atm, I went back to Eucagenera to pay. Ivan look at my purchase and says, "You know I have a kovachii. Only brought one." He dug through the boxes where the cattleyas were kept, fished it out from the bottom and handed it to me. "For this I'll take Paypal."

I tried to walk away, but I have a weak will. It did not take Ivan much to convince me.

There is a sheath in the biggest growth of the plant, but it has yellowed. I can hardly wait until this blooms.

27900923913_7d8ebd01e1_z.jpg

27900923513_2824af0a49_z.jpg

Wet, got it. Thanks! I've been reading through the archives and scouring for culture tips. Any advice is much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back