growbox: led, Paphiopedilum and Phragmipedium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OR.O

Reaction score
hey guys! I made this video of my Paphiopedilum and Phragmipedium grown in growbox, it was for an italian group so I'm sorry for the language, the names should be understandable anyway.

Advice and questions are welcome !

video

Last edited:
Preziosi! But that's great! I've just made a grow-box for the hopefully soon arriving seedlings! Only need to add a pc-ventilator ... now it's 29ºC/85% humidity.

Lovely to hear 'schluckebieria' in italian ... lunglunglung ... likely to forget, like the rest of stxxxxx names!:rollhappy::rollhappy: (like anneliesia and sauerbieria and ... so on!)

Just one question - how do you manage to grow cool-loving species like besseae and warmth-loving seedlings like roth's and philippinense's together in on space for a longer time? Or is this just a 'over-winter-box' for some of the plants?

Grazie, ragazzo!

for all the time till that moment I was like ''don't forget schluckebieria!don't forget schluckebieria!don't forget schluckebieria!don't forget schluckebieria!'' :rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy:

this is the winter setting as you said :) during summer I move them to another area.

right now I have 20C and 80% RH for the night, 26-27C and 65% RH with the light on, in winter the low temperature drops to 17-18

Lovely to hear spoken Italian again! Your collection looks
extremely healthy and well-grown.

thank you! this is not a big collection but I hope to increase with more nice plants soon as i can

What kind of LED lights and how much of it do you use on what base?

The temperature increase is effected only by switching on the light?

What kind of LED lights and how much of it do you use on what base?

The temperature increase is effected only by switching on the light?

the led lamp is composed of 100 LEDs BRIDGELUX, single reflector 90°, it's a full spectrum:

730nm : IR-Far red
660-670nm : Deep Red
630-640nm:Red
525 nm:Green
610nm: Orange
470nm: Royal blue
430nm: Blue
3500k - 7000k

these are the data of the light emitted:

Distance Par(umol) Lumen(lm)
30cm 1200 51000
50cm 750 34000
100cm 220 11000
150cm 95 5600
200cm 55 3000

nominal consumption 300w
actual consumption 180w

Now that I have drastically downsized, all of my plants are under LEDs.

Taller plants are under two 48" Philips Greenpower white/deep red production modules suspended about a foot over the plants on a 48" x 18" shelf.

I got a bit creative with the lighting for the smaller plants on the upper shelf - I had four of the terrarium / plant lights I sold that had been damaged in transit. All had the screw-in base damaged, so I simply broke them off, pop-riveted them to a 48" x 1.25" x 0.125" aluminum strip, and hard wired them together, giving me the equivalent of a 50 watt strip.

Latest posts

Back