• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Glen Decker's Kovachii's

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtrmd

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased one from him? He is the closest vendor to me that I know has them. I can make a road trip out of going to get one.That way it doesn't need to be shipped in the cold temps.

If you have I would like to know how the plants you received were before I place an order for one. PM me plz, and that way this thread doesn't go negative or postive fast.Plus it is between you and I if it was bad.

Last edited:
If I had the opportunity to visit there, I'd jump on it. I'd probably be too excited from anticipation to sleep for days before visiting.

I don't see how having a thread filled with positive, glowing experiences could do any harm, so I'll leave it at this ... my orders (though limited) have all been excellent, with many plants exceeding my expectations. I have no hesitation recommending that you go!

I would kill to visit his place in person. I had a great opportunity to buy some of his plants a few years ago when he made the journey up here. They were absolutely top-notch.

Everything I got from him has been in person at shows. All were nice and healthy. He has been growing kovachii for awhile now,so they should be nice as well.

There are photos from last time I visited Glen's in my 'Miscl Stuff' thread. I would not make that trip just for a plant, since there are big heat packs. In terms of Pk, Glen grows them as well as the Fischers so... Get the biggest you can afford since they're very slow as seedlings. :)

Yes. All I'm saying is ... if a phragmipedium kovachii was in my budget AND I had room for yet another plant in my collection, which I don't, I wouldn't hesitate to take the opportunity to visit Glen's collection and buy one. And I don't think you'll find a dissenting opinion on the matter on this forum.

Um, there's always money and more room for orchids! :p

If I posted photos of my growing area, you MIGHT see the errors of your ways. LOL. I'm sure I could scrounge the money up, but at some point, there's a physical limit on the number of plants I can grow well in my current set-up. All that being said, I can always fall back on the fact that it's too late in the season to safely and reasonably ship to my area given the temps ... but you're such an enabler. Evil, evil enabler.

I did make one exception for a paph. helenae recently, but at least that species is so diminutive, I'd be a crime not to buy it. I could practically grow it on top of another orchid if I had to -- it's so small. Phrag. kovachii? That's a completely different story. No matter how much I want one, I'd have to demote another plant to someone else's house to make room.

:rollhappy:
Have you seen my growing area?!
Anyway, I see your logic. Pk do get big and wide. Sounds like you need some fischeri hybrids; purple but small. :)

There are photos from last time I visited Glen's in my 'Miscl Stuff' thread. I would not make that trip just for a plant, since there are big heat packs. In terms of Pk, Glen grows them as well as the Fischers so... Get the biggest you can afford since they're very slow as seedlings. :)

Ditto on the size comment. I heard Glen speak and he said they are slow growing and won't bloom until they reach a certain size. Also easier to grow as more mature plants.

Glen was a guest speaker/presenter at another OS meeting I attended. I preordered a plant or 2 and added another at the meeting. Top quality as others have said!

Good time to go for a drive. Gas is almost affordable.

Bought only at shows from him.

Since he does lots of shows I think you'd need to arrange ahead to visit (may be standard procedure anyhow)

For something really expensive like a kovachii, I think I'd be more comfortable in general seeing a plant first, though know Glen has a very high integrity level and since his place isn't a big operation compared to some, he likely handles most of what he sells

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since he does lots of shows I think you'd need to arrange ahead to visit

He did say it would be better to let him know when I would be coming,when I originally talked to him about a week ago about them.

Latest posts

Back