Mis labeled as p black wings, any ideas

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have no idea what this is but I absolutely love it. Went away for a week and was like where did you come from lol. If you have ideas let me know. I was thinking paph sander's pride but this one has way better color in my opinion: upper bright green petals that go to a deep purple.
20230903_155811.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230903_160422_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230903_160422_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
You have not seen a Sander's Pride in person, have you? Yours is not Sander's Pride (far from it for sure). Of all the plants I had lost in the past, my Sander's Pride from OL many years ago hurt me the most, it was a special one in terms of color and form.

kido, let's be honest, you must have noticed this plant in buds...they don't develop over just a week.

You have not seen a Sander's Pride in person, have you? Yours is not Sander's Pride (far from it for sure). Of all the plants I had lost in the past, my Sander's Pride from OL many years ago hurt me the most, it was a special one in terms of color and form.

kido, let's be honest, you must have noticed this plant in buds...they don't develop over just a week.
Well the one on orchid roots looks quite similar except petal length,
Paphiopedilum Sander's Pride

Also, boomer, I did noticed this in spike and was expecting p black wings like the label said but was shocked, after vacation, when I walked into the room. Better luck next time keeping your sanders pride alive next time ;)

If it is a primary hybrid, then Mt Toro is the most likely ID. It would be one of the longer petaled Mt Toro's I have seen. Wonderful flowers.

Latest posts

Back