Garlic snails

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are crustaceans, but they can't survive underwater. Exclusively terrestrial. Their isopod relatives are aquatic, and some can grow large. I have never had a problem with them, but they are ubiquitous.

Snails really love beer!!! When snails appeared at me I put many tiny cotton pieces impregnated with beer. Every morning I collected cotton pieces with drunken snails and replaced them to fresh ones. I did that while all of snails disappeared. I can take few weeks!

Oh no, I think I may be a snail... Arghhhhhh!

Oh no, I think I may be a snail... Arghhhhhh!

Limu, I'm JUST a snail.....althuogh maybe unbelivable, but this "therapy" WORKS!!!! The clue words are patience and fresh beer!!! I think snails have very good smellig-machine ( call it nose) and they can feel the smell of beer from relatively long distance. I put this "beered" cottons on every half a meter and I can tell, that in the first few days I could collect at least 8-10 drunken snails from collons/day ( my GH is about 8 m2), however I can't living snails before "beer-therapy" only eaten root tips.

I am more concerned about the prospect of trying to remove beer soaked cotton from between my teeth first thing in the morning. Damn clowns have been eating cotton wool again!!!!

Latest posts

Back