Cattleya Amethystoglossa Aurea

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mopwr

Reaction score
Hello evryone, I've been lingering on here for a while mostly reading, but not posting, but I was wondering if someone could help with some information. A little background, I've been hunting for a Cattleya Amethystoglossa Aurea for many years now, one with a nice deep yellow / organge tone, but I consistently have no luck. All I've ever been able to find was seedling crosses of yellow forms which apparently only have a very small chance of actually flowering as a yellow / orange form flower. That said, I have probably about 6 of those that I've been growing for a few years, but I'm not super hopeful given what I've heard are the odds. I occasionally see postings of the plant / flower I'm looking for, but never for sale... On the rare occasion I see a picture of a aurea as a division, it's usually from Brazil and they don't export (and I can't read Portuguese).

Does anyone know of a way to get a hold of one of these in the US? I have to assume there's someone in the US that has one, or a couple, that I could get on a waitlist for, maybe?

Until that time comes I'll just keep growing my "lottery ticket" seedlings (that's what I call them) and see what comes from them.

EDIT: I apologize if this isn't the right place for this, I just realized now that there is a "wanted" section... While this is sort of in that vein, it's more of "am I looking in the wrong places?" or "no one has these in the US for some reason, you're only option is to import."

Last edited:
I’ve picked one of these up this past week from here. Not sure if it’s the right type of Aurea, seems to be more yellow than what you are describing. Do you happen to have a link to a picture with the trait you are describing?

Latest posts

Back