Cyp Wardii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dido

A really good grower and friend allowed me to upload a pic of his beauty here. Since years I travell over this time to his plant and look at it.
Now this year he gave me the first time the right to put a pic of it in here.

I think that the plant live under great condition the pic explain himself

Wow! That is wonderful!!!

I've read that this species is notoriously difficult to grow (if not impossible). Your friend seems to have found out the secret. Will he share with us how he manages to grow this so well?

To be honest I killed them this way, he build his hole garden for orchids, so he started 50cm deep in the hole area, and build it up till he tought it is finished. I have a capsule of the last year flower in a lab and hope that soemthign comes out of it, it was full of seed.
He has some dry capsule, but not finished his lab till now.
So I hope he will start one day to breed. He had 3 clones of it, but now all give away for trading them. Have a small part myself but it is not doing perfect for me.

Indeed, growing this plant to such perfection is an accomplishment that is hard to appreciate unless you know how many have died in the hands of expert growers the world over. Also hard tell from the photo (which is fine) is the size of this plant, standing not more than hand high with lips as big as the average thumbnail…

Again, impressive. I hope this species is eventually produced in quantity since it is native to just a tiny part of Sichuan and adjoining Yunnan (perhaps Myanmar too) - I fear for its future in the wild.

Back