Trio of trianae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David B

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of the cattleya posting here has been done by Dr. Leslie Ee as the best clones have been his plants, many of which I have grown. One day he will have a facility to grow in a well managed environment. This past weekend, I received best cattleya species and best plant in show at the nearby Royal Botanical Gardens, Hamilton, Ont. show. The plant a cattleya trianae var. coerulea from Orchidee de Valle , Colombia with two inflorescence and five flowers. In the trio pic are two additional trianae, a Cashen's and a coerulea flamea,( co-owned), both of which have better quality than my ribbon plant, but they are divisions flowering for the first time since their re-establishing began. In one or two growing seasons, I expect both to excel at a high level. For me, as all of us, the borders and importation of plants comes with varying degrees of difficulty. The good is that now these plants live in Canada, will be bred in Canada and their progeny available in Canada. Cheers.

Attachments

• trianae RBG ribbon.jpg
    trianae RBG ribbon.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 1
  • trianae RBG 3.jpg
    trianae RBG 3.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 1
  • trianae coerulea flamea 2024 title.jpg
    trianae coerulea flamea 2024 title.jpg
    700.8 KB · Views: 0
Fantastic growing as usual David! The excellent care and cultivation of my plants at your home GH really shows.

And congrats on the Best Cattleya Ribbon.

Most of the cattleya posting here has been done by Dr. Leslie Ee as the best clones have been his plants, many of which I have grown. One day he will have a facility to grow in a well managed environment. This past weekend, I received best cattleya species and best plant in show at the nearby Royal Botanical Gardens, Hamilton, Ont. show. The plant a cattleya trianae var. coerulea from Orchidee de Valle , Colombia with two inflorescence and five flowers. In the trio pic are two additional trianae, a Cashen's and a coerulea flamea,( co-owned), both of which have better quality than my ribbon plant, but they are divisions flowering for the first time since their re-establishing began. In one or two growing seasons, I expect both to excel at a high level. For me, as all of us, the borders and importation of plants comes with varying degrees of difficulty. The good is that now these plants live in Canada, will be bred in Canada and their progeny available in Canada. Cheers.
Kudos!
Cograts to the award and to grow these three beauties. All three are gorgeous but I personally like the C. trianae courulea flamea the best. 👋
Me too, Rudolph! I’m a sucker for flameas!!

Latest posts

Back