CNN orchid slideshow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

P

PHRAG

On the CNN homepage right now there is a slideshow of a few orchid photographs. They are doing a story on people who have their orchid collections boarded.

Orchid owners buy TLC for delicate blooms

http://www.cnn.com

P

PHRAG

They use those same stats every time they talk about orchids. $9 billion in sales, orchidelirium, Orchid Thief by Susan Orlean blah blah blah.

You never see orchid collectors walking around in costume do you? How many people who go to Sci-Fi conventions dress as Star Wars characters? That's what I thought.

:fight:

I think we are normal. Now, I have to go check Trader Joe's for a new shipment of orchids, since that's the only place in Phoenix I can buy some right now. :)

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
PHRAG said:
You never see orchid collectors walking around in costume do you? How many people who go to Sci-Fi conventions dress as Star Wars characters? That's what I thought.
:)
I thought we were all going to dress up as kovachiis and camp out in front of Piping Rock Orchids. Did I not get the memo?

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
kentuckiense said:
I thought we were all going to dress up as kovachiis and camp out in front of Piping Rock Orchids. Did I not get the memo?
Oh, no, you got the memo Zach, but you were the only one....:poke:
I was really hoping for photos of your little escapade before word got out....

(whew, I am in a mood today huh?)

P

PHRAG

Well, I guess since the beans have been spilled, there is no point in keeping it a secret...

I took some liberties with the headpiece, but I think it works. Now if I could just fix the pants so my psudobulbs don't chafe.

BADA BING!

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
PHRAG said:
Well, I guess since the beans have been spilled, there is no point in keeping it a secret...

I took some liberties with the headpiece, but I think it works. Now if I could just fix the pants so my psudobulbs don't chafe.

BADA BING!
Oh my god.

That image must replace the besseae in the forum banner. Please.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
:rollhappy: :rollhappy: :rollhappy: @ John

Hey Pat......That don't look like tabacco smoke to me!!!!:poke: Then again I've never smoked tabacco out of a pipe so I wouldn't know how tabacco smoke curls out of a pipe :poke:

B

bench72

Mahon said:
...no... that's not me... i'm 17, not 40 some... =)
-Pat
yeah, likely story Pat! Fess up, that ain't tobacco and that's been one heck of a 17 years you've been living! Where did you get the tattoo from? Joliet Prison :poke:

M

Mahon

...naw, I'm serious! Not me, old enough to get a tatoo, but not old enough to have those hairy arms... and not dumb enough to where that ugly shirt!

-Pat

Latest posts