CNN orchid slideshow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PHRAG

On the CNN homepage right now there is a slideshow of a few orchid photographs. They are doing a story on people who have their orchid collections boarded.

Orchid owners buy TLC for delicate blooms

http://www.cnn.com

They use those same stats every time they talk about orchids. $9 billion in sales, orchidelirium, Orchid Thief by Susan Orlean blah blah blah.

You never see orchid collectors walking around in costume do you? How many people who go to Sci-Fi conventions dress as Star Wars characters? That's what I thought.

:fight:

I think we are normal. Now, I have to go check Trader Joe's for a new shipment of orchids, since that's the only place in Phoenix I can buy some right now. :)

PHRAG said:
You never see orchid collectors walking around in costume do you? How many people who go to Sci-Fi conventions dress as Star Wars characters? That's what I thought.
:)

I thought we were all going to dress up as kovachiis and camp out in front of Piping Rock Orchids. Did I not get the memo?

kentuckiense said:
I thought we were all going to dress up as kovachiis and camp out in front of Piping Rock Orchids. Did I not get the memo?

Oh, no, you got the memo Zach, but you were the only one....:poke:
I was really hoping for photos of your little escapade before word got out....

(whew, I am in a mood today huh?)

Well, I guess since the beans have been spilled, there is no point in keeping it a secret...

kovachii.jpg

I took some liberties with the headpiece, but I think it works. Now if I could just fix the pants so my psudobulbs don't chafe.

BADA BING!

PHRAG said:
Well, I guess since the beans have been spilled, there is no point in keeping it a secret...

kovachii.jpg

I took some liberties with the headpiece, but I think it works. Now if I could just fix the pants so my psudobulbs don't chafe.

BADA BING!

Oh my god.

That image must replace the besseae in the forum banner. Please.

:rollhappy: :rollhappy: :rollhappy: @ John

Hey Pat......That don't look like tabacco smoke to me!!!!:poke: Then again I've never smoked tabacco out of a pipe so I wouldn't know how tabacco smoke curls out of a pipe :poke:

Mahon said:
...no... that's not me... i'm 17, not 40 some... =)
-Pat

yeah, likely story Pat! Fess up, that ain't tobacco and that's been one heck of a 17 years you've been living! Where did you get the tattoo from? Joliet Prison :poke:

...naw, I'm serious! Not me, old enough to get a tatoo, but not old enough to have those hairy arms... and not dumb enough to where that ugly shirt!

-Pat

Back