Cephalotus cuts.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlantis

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

First of all, I apologize if the thread isn´t in the correct place, but I didn´t know where to post it.

As I can´t show you orchid flowers yet, I´ve taken some photos of the other group of plants I love: carnivorous plants.

These are some cuts of Cephalotus follicularis that I did in early August 2013.

It a slow growing plant, with 2 different kind of leaves:
- Normal leaves (produced between late fall and early spring in this latitude)
- Pitcher leaves (the "carnivorous" component. They´re produced between late spring and early fall).

I grow my Cephalotus among my Paphs. They´re EXTREMELY prone to fungus attack, so they inform me if I´m providing enough ventilaton to my orchids or not.
They´re very sensitive to scale infection so...If you want your orchids free of scales...plant a Cephlotus very close :poke:.

Since they´re so "problematic", I always try to save some cuts from the adult plants. In fact, these cuts were taken from two young plants far away from their adult size yet (and both with hundreds of scales right now :sob:)

I hope these small plants start sending their first tiny pitchers soon.

Enjoy.

(Pots are 5.5 cm across)

13822931595_d31190286e_c.jpg

13822953443_07d5dcfe97_c.jpg

13822959433_27602b0803_c.jpg

And just for enjoyment... a nice flower from my Camellia japonica

13825646983_5b85180d2e_c.jpg

13825967834_427d955b6f_c.jpg

Envidiaaaaa!!!! Cephalotus are so cute. And so difficult. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you all for your comments.

I soooo love camellias and that deep red/pink is soooo beautiful. I'm very
envious. Camellias are very iffy here because of late, surprise frosts.
Me too :)
They´re really difficult here in Madrid, but there are huge Camellia trees in the north of Spain (Galicia and Asturias, mainly).
My plant isn´t in optimal shape...and I´ve been unable to figure out what´s the problem. At least it tries to give me some satisfactions. :)

Lovely camellia cultivar.
Thank you. If my memory serves me correctly...this cultivar is 'Alice Wood'.

Latest posts

Back