Buds, buds, buds and more buds

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have cut the dorsal free. Hope the next one is normal. :)

I cut the complete flower today, when taking a look at the picture and compare it to Rosettii pictures on the net I get the feeling that dorsal is split und fused with the petals but split in an asymetrical way.

Yes but I would have guesstimated where the dorsal would have ended and cut it so the bloom wasn't pulled apart. there is a strain of besseae that unfortunately was used in a lot of breeding. the progeny exhibit the trait of the leaves not opening up from the central spine vein!! :mad: this means you have to cut the foliage for the plant to grow!!!

1: NOID, the new flower and growth are developing very well. Hope it will open soon.

IMG_0988.jpg

Close up of the bud

IMG_0990.jpg

2: NOID, isn't going as fast as the first one but also emerged a bit from the crown and there is a start of a new growth to be seen at the bottom were the remains of the brown leaf are.

IMG_0991.jpg

3: Paph. Rosettii, the next bloom looks to have developed itself quite well. Will post photo's in the photography section soon.

IMG_0987.jpg

No1 has opened it's flower and I'll share it with you guys in the coming days.

But I've got another plant that's showing something new:

IMG_1151.jpg

Probably a villosum but I'm not 100% sure. I'll keep you all updated.

And again there are new buds showing in my collections

One of my insignes decided to throw one out, didn't notice it forming so I was quite surprised that it was allready that big.
IMG_1201.jpg

My Paph. Nitens is also showing a new sheat.
IMG_1202.jpg

And to my great surprise I spotted the following sheat forming in the regular venustum that I purchased last monday.
IMG_1265.jpg

Latest posts

Back