Paphiopedilum Last Isabel - 1st bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DYP

Reaction score
This plant was acquired about 19mths ago from a local vendor.
The bud appeared in June of last year and took nearly 6 months before the emergence of the spike as I began to have doubts if a bud blast will take place.
Nevertheless I am glad that the spike formed and the plant rewarded me with 2 flowers.

From comparison with online research, I thought this plant looks smaller in comparison. Nevertheless, this is my first in blooming a multiflora and the flowers ushered in the new year.

Attachments

• 20240104_135615.jpg
    20240104_135615.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240104_135422.jpg
    20240104_135422.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240104_143125_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240104_143125_Gallery.jpg
    628.5 KB · Views: 0
Could it be your plant is not Paphiopedilum 'Last Isabel' but Paphiopedilum 'Lady Isobel' which is P. rothschildianum x P. stonei and an old cross made for the first time in 1897.

Could it be your plant is not Paphiopedilum 'Last Isabel' but Paphiopedilum 'Lady Isobel' which is P. rothschildianum x P. stonei and an old cross made for the first time in 1897.
Is it Isabel or Isobel or Isabella? I have seen them all here...carelessly spelling? What I know is Lady Isabel

Is it Isabel or Isobel or Isabella? I have seen them all here...carelessly spelling? What I know is Lady Isabel

It is Isobel. It was mistakenly registered as Isabel but the spelling of the person it was named after was Isobel. So it has been corrected.

It doesn't look like Lady Isobel to me though. All I am seeing is stonei.

It is Isobel. It was mistakenly registered as Isabel but the spelling of the person it was named after was Isobel. So it has been corrected.

Thank you for clarifying that.

@GuRu, you are right. I noticed the typo due to the tablets autocorrect functiom. But i could not make the correctipn after posting 😐🤦
As many have pointed put, this plant has a lot of stonei in it. It certainly is not what I expect.
However, I am still thankful since this is my first multiflora bloom. :)

Thank you for clarifying that the right name is Isobel instead of Isabel.

Latest posts

Back