Finally, Paph. Jade Dragon after several failed attempts

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paphluvr

Reaction score
I finally was successful in re-blooming my Paph. Jade Dragon. I received it in bud several years ago but the bud got damaged in shipment so the flower opened with some damage to the dorsal.

Two seasons ago the sheath barely emerged from the fan before it blasted. Last year the spike got about 6-7" long before it stalled and blasted again. This year - success, with a spike that definitely takes after its malipoense parent with a length of 35.5cm. Unfortunately, my little pocket digital does a good job of holding focus when the subject is off center, but not exposure, so I can't get a good photo of the whole plant.

cid:BFDA4B1B-6CB0-4190-888F-11BBFFFBB3C3@mobilenotes.apple.com

How did you post your photo? It did not come through. Can you right click on original and save, and the post into your post? It works.

I wonder if this hybrid has a reputation for being fussy. I find it extremely slow for one. Then, two, it is slow.
I have a bunch of babies from crossing a very nice fairrieanum from OZ onto my nice Norito Hasegawa. Seedlings are growing very well so far, so hopefully I'll get some nice Jade Dragon and Golden Diamond lookalikes in a few years. :)

It wasn't me, but I would like to have seen it. I haven't done E-Bay in a long time.
It was about the best example I've seen! The plant itself was nice but a single growth with no signs of a new start.
This is from a great seller from Hawaii who sells some very nice in bloom plants. I was lucky to snatch up a very nice hangianum hybrid in bloom this year.

Last edited:
Very nice I've had one of these for a year now, I've yet to get it to grow a new leaf.

It does seem to be a bit slower than most, although the last time I repotted it I removed a rather old backgrowth that still had some decent roots that has gone on to throw a new growth. At the time it was something I would have normally pitched except for still having the good roots so I potted it up. It's been a surprise.

Latest posts

Back