Bud watch: Wössner Kolorand x rothschildianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well at least it's not ugly? :) will be interesting to see how a staked spike looks...

are you depressed that you didn't get any randsii petal style/color? like this one... 1712092693556.png

and how many of these are you blooming out?....

well at least it's not ugly? :) will be interesting to see how a staked spike looks...

are you depressed that you didn't get any randsii petal style/color? like this one... View attachment 46536

and how many of these are you blooming out?....
It did get the randsii color. My pic isn't backlit; the flower is bright green. Vs. gemstone's randschild: these have roth stance instead of the randsii akimbo look. I like both styles. Size wise, these flowers haven't even expanded and they're already as big as the awarded GRs.

It did get the randsii color. My pic isn't backlit; the flower is bright green. Vs. gemstone's randschild: these have roth stance instead of the randsii akimbo look. I like both styles. Size wise, these flowers haven't even expanded and they're already as big as the awarded GRs.
Will be fun watching the entire inflorescence lifecycle…. You bringing it tomorrow?

(And. Btw. Not trying to rain on your parade. Was actually looking for your more complete thoughts, exactly as you answered. :). )

Holy crow! that is STUNNINGGGGGG! I love the color and the strikes are so beautiful!

Second one is almost all roth & kolo. This one has NS of 22cm and growing. Only randsii influence compared to Bel Royal is a touch of extra green and a leafspan of 30in instead of a leafspan of "no." IMG_20240403_232743954.jpg

Not bad for this type of breeding. Are those sizes you mentioned awardable? I would think that judges would prefer to see more flowers per spike than this, but if the size is right, I say everything else is in order for an award given the parentage.

Back