Bud watch; sandie

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More elongation

9ce0b4442242ed80ed7183e667ec9006.jpg

I like the many folds of the petals before they fall
3e4a1a54452ae8e58dd3181cdfdb423c.jpg

Early closeup
15792bb6fb35af7c8cc06040f6c71d17.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Take note of the sugar dropets already forming on the pouch. Most noticable in the petal falling picture.

Rick, I hate to mention this, I still don't think yours is a pure sanderianum(like many have been shown on internet). Especially if the origin is Thailand(perhaps elsewhere)-HI-mainland u.s.....I would not discuss this further and that is my personal opinion, nothing more....
Nice Paph any way.

Just love the petal stance on pure sanderianum. Also some of the long petalled hybrids aswell. Will be interesting with it's full length.

Gary
UK

Thanks. Where'd you get the plant from?
I bought two multi growth plants from Quintal Farms as did many others. I serious doubt this is anything but the real McCoy. My friend Jay also has two that he hand pick from their benches. They have bloomed like this, some darker, some lighter.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Tom-DE what clues are you seeing that suggest this is something other than pure sanderianum?
I've bloomed 5 different clones from 4 different sources over the years, 3 I still have. One plant I lost was from our own STer, Leo, his F1 plants were from known jungle collected material he had access to. For the life of me, I cannot see any remarkable differences that suggest hybrid.

Back