Brassavola Little Stars

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everybodY I bought yesterday a well-Grown Brassavola Little stars that is in a plastic pot with a bark support. I wanted to know when you advise me to mount it. Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Well I would be surprised if Little Stars ever went dormant. That is not the time to divide or repot a Cattleya, during dormancy, according to a lot of people.
But I would counter with these “weedy little Brassavolas” always seem to be doing something. I would not recommend really tearing the plant totally apart but see if this guy has kind of divided itself. You might find a convenient place to divide. One that would not involve a good deal of disturbance.
In my experience, these guys don’t miss a beat. They keep growing. Mounting pieces will require different watering for you but unless you really rip the mother plant apart, I think it will be fine.
Treat cuts or wounds with cinnamon.

Well I would be surprised if Little Stars ever went dormant. That is not the time to divide or repot a Cattleya, during dormancy, according to a lot of people.
But I would counter with these “weedy little Brassavolas” always seem to be doing something. I would not recommend really tearing the plant totally apart but see if this guy has kind of divided itself. You might find a convenient place to divide. One that would not involve a good deal of disturbance.
In my experience, these guys don’t miss a beat. They keep growing. Mounting pieces will require different watering for you but unless you really rip the mother plant apart, I think it will be fine.
Treat cuts or wounds with cinnamon.
Thanks a lot big923

Back