Blooming season comes! Let's begin bud watching!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camellkc

Reaction score
Blooming season comes! Let's begin bud watching! - 13/12/2015 updated

1. Paph. Michael Koopowitz
image_zpszosqj8jo.jpeg

2. Paph. anitum x sanderianum
image_zpsijpjie4n.jpeg

3. Paph. primulinum
image_zps8bgnr2tq.jpeg

4. Paph. venustum var. album
image_zpsblodoqka.jpeg

5. Paph. moquetteanums
image_zpsngxhpzdb.jpeg

6. Complex hybrid
image_zpsbv1pxwvg.jpeg

7. Paph. PEoY - another spike is coming out while blooming
image_zpsodppcqb7.jpeg

8. Paph. spicerianum - actually, a total of 3 of Which are in bud but I only take a photo on the following today.
image_zpsxkmhstz4.jpeg

Can't wait anymore for full bloom on them!!:rollhappy:

Last edited:
Is that all spagnum or just spagnum as top dressing? Just curious.

Thanks

I just put a thin layer of spagnum as the top dressing. The main growing medium below which is the mixture of orchid stone, fir bark, charcoal and coconut peel.

Camellkc, the sphagnum moss that you use, is it the type from China? Doesn't look like NZ sphag to me. Most of the sphag I get here seem like the type that you use, it will rehydrate upon watering but looks dark green and has a slimy appearance. This moss also decays rapidly when fertilizer is applied, the the roots will decline. How do you feed your plants? Slow-release? Foliar? Thanks.

Camellkc, the sphagnum moss that you use, is it the type from China? Doesn't look like NZ sphag to me. Most of the sphag I get here seem like the type that you use, it will rehydrate upon watering but looks dark green and has a slimy appearance. This moss also decays rapidly when fertilizer is applied, the the roots will decline. How do you feed your plants? Slow-release? Foliar? Thanks.

I don't know where the sphagnum actually comes from but the packing shows that it comes from NZ. I notice that when there is enough light and the plant adapt the environment and starts to grow, it will turn green. I don't think the sphagnum decays rapidly when fertilizer applies. I use liquid fertilizer twice per month.

For the fertilizer I used, I put some slow-release supplemented by liquid one.

Updated 13/12/2015
MK
image_zpscfqqftmh.jpeg

primulimum
image_zps4ssbrihz.jpeg

Anitum x sanderianum
image_zpsylihey9e.jpeg

venustum var. album
image_zpsw5glqrup.jpeg

moquetteanum- I broke one of the spikes while watering.:(
image_zpsc6zodkfb.jpeg

spicerianums
image_zpstwlmuh9u.jpeg

One of the new guy in bud - William Ambler
image_zpspnnmvydh.jpeg

This big guy also.:)
image_zpsx6satwez.jpeg

I can't beleive you broke the spike on your moquintianum, I would throw the plant away!! Hahaha j.k. Keep us updated on your bloomings, very nice!!!!

Latest posts

Back