Bud watching for multiforals

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camellkc

Reaction score
Bud watching for multiforals (25/3/2016 updated)

After years of effort, the following multis are now giving me rewards.:)

Paph. Hsinying Lady Duck - it is been growing in my home for 2 years for maturing a growth to flower. The leave span of the matured growth is 62cm
image_zpswn1suffb.jpeg

Paph. rothschildianum - This is one of the first paph species I bought 3 years ago. At the time I bought, it had only single growth with spike. After 3 years, it has 2 matured growth with 3-4 new growths. One of the matured growth is in bud now.
image_zpsm52slx10.jpeg

Paph. rothschildianum - bought as adult plant last year and is in bud now.
image_zpsp02vpbqj.jpeg

Paph. Michael Koopowitz - this is from In-charm orchid nursery. I bought it in flower with totally 2 growths last year and it now has 5 growths including the growth finished flower last year.
image_zpssxffb5r1.jpeg

Paph. haynaldianums - bought as adult plant. They are originated from Hung Sheng Orchid Nursery.
image_zpse1u5lth4.jpeg

image_zpsnw3qkr2z.jpeg

Paph. Saint Swithin - bought as adult plant with one flowering growth and one new growth 2 years ago. It did not bloom last year but putting out many new growths. Now, this clone has 1 flowered growth, 1 matured growth in flower, 2 near mature growths and 4 new growths. A total of 8 growths now.
image_zpscplkq0px.jpeg

Paph. PEoY - bought as adult plant last year. The plant itself is huge and easy growing.
image_zpsmdassgcf.jpeg

Paph. Michael Koopowitz - another MK in bloom. This is a division from a clone with awarded quality.
image_zpsddfmp8a3.jpeg

Paph. kolopakingii - I have been growing it for 3 years. This clone takes the whole period to completely mature a growth. The growth in spike has the leaf span of over 100cm
image_zpsf5u4fbx3.jpeg

Paph. anitum - bought it as adult plant last year. I have never thought that I can flower an anitum in Hong Kong but I note this anitum has just put out the flower sheath recently.
image_zpsxvegkw8l.jpeg

And, one of my big phragmepedium is in spike also, this is Phrag. longifolium x Grande. A big plant also.
image_zps73qqhdjj.jpeg

Will update their status periodically.

Last edited:
Some updates : 6/3/2016

Hsinying Lady Duck
image.jpg1_zpsxvc14scb.jpg

haynaldianums
image_zpsjpd4rjz7.jpeg

image_zpshlesfsyf.jpeg

anitum
image_zpsotodhhir.jpeg

MKs
image_zpsencitsf2.jpeg

image_zpstbcowljv.jpeg

PEOY
image_zpskd6sgxit.jpeg

One of the rothschildianum
image_zpsgwohhbqt.jpeg

kolopakingii
image_zps3t5bk3rh.jpeg

The two Hung Sheng Eagles have just put out the flower sheath! :)
image_zpst6zw54gd.jpeg

This liemianum also in sheath.
image_zpsgmsmlxtv.jpeg

Forgot to take photos on the other roths and St. Swintin in bud, will update next week.

Dang! That's a nice batch of multies coming along. Good times ahead.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back