6 months into my first deflasking...how am I doing?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20150518_193717.jpg
Month 9
14 Phrags in a tub! All except the two runts (not pictured) have at least a 6" LS.
Growth was slower this month; I was very, very sick & couldn't take care of things like I normally do.

Thanks for the well wishes :). I'm okay now. Two kidney stones ( passed one in the middle of singing the "alleluia" from Mozart's "Exsultate, Jubilate", because apparently my body thought it just wasn't hard enough when I sang it healthy), and a vicious throat infection that covered my whole mouth & throat in ulcers that I caught right after clerking the SEPOS show. I couldn't eat anything but chicken broth for a good two weeks & lost about 10 lbs.

Thanks for the well wishes :). I'm okay now. Two kidney stones ( passed one in the middle of singing the "alleluia" from Mozart's "Exsultate, Jubilate", because apparently my body thought it just wasn't hard enough when I sang it healthy), and a vicious throat infection that covered my whole mouth & throat in ulcers that I caught right after clerking the SEPOS show. I couldn't eat anything but chicken broth for a good two weeks & lost about 10 lbs.

:eek: Damn!
Feel better. The plants look no worse for the wear. What orchid team/group did you clerk for?

20150615_170710.jpg
Month 10
Everything is in the same position as the last pic.
Growth is back to normal (2.5 to 3 inches on the newest leaf every 30 days)
And look! (under the thumb)
20150615_153425.jpg

The camera is making them appear darker than they are. They're getting about 120-150 par for 16 hours a day.

how do you meassure par? You have a par-meter or is there another possibility?

How are these guys looking now? I'm sure that you'll be seeing blooms before too long...

David

I got tired of taking pics lol. I'll post shots when they start blooming; they should bloom in 12 months. Largest are around a foot across.

I got tired of taking pics lol. I'll post shots when they start blooming; they should bloom in 12 months. Largest are around a foot across.

Definitely understand that...looking forward to the pics later!

David

Back