Quantcast

2 thaianum, one scented

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
The new kids on the block is making quite a headline these days.

Guldal

Reaction score
They are both gorgeous, each in their way, Philippe! The large one exceedingly so! 😋

Do you know the parentage or provenience of the li'l (though one of them not so small) beauties?

Kind regards, Jens

BrucherT

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
The one on the right is scented, close to delenatii parfume
del

enatii
[/QUOTE]
Two beauties and I love your display ware. Do you keep them in there always, for root cooling? I like the little one...the whole point of thaianum to me is its perfect littleness!

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
Wow~ first time hearing that this species can be fragrant like delenatii!! Now I want to buy a bunch to try my luck. haha

paworsport

Reaction score
They are both gorgeous, each in their way, Philippe! The large one exceedingly so! 😋

Do you know the parentage or provenience of the li'l (though one of them not so small) beauties?

Kind regards, Jens
All my thaianum except one comes from Orchids and more in Germany. Thèse two are from Orchids and more

tnyr5

Reaction score
Interesting. I've bloomed two so far from my breeding that have been scented, but they smell like Phalaenopsis bellina.

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. I've bloomed two so far from my breeding that have been scented, but they smell like Phalaenopsis bellina.
Really like bellina?

Bellina's smell like fruit loops with geraniol (64%) and linalool (32%) as the main components.

I must pay attention to the thaianums from now on since all that I have seen and judged (around 50) were non-scented. I wonder if they were a specific ecotype or expression of a recessive gene?

tnyr5

Reaction score
Not sure. I mated the two scented ones, so we'll see. Time to return the thread to Philippe :).

paworsport

Reaction score
Really like bellina?

Bellina's smell like fruit loops with geraniol (64%) and linalool (32%) as the main components.

I must pay attention to the thaianums from now on since all that I have seen and judged (around 50) were non-scented. I wonder if they were a specific ecotype or expression of a recessive gene?
And if thaianum is a true brachipetalum, small différent leaves, pouch with spots like emersonii ans scented...may be a parvisapalum...not a niveum form...

Latest posts