Fragrant Brachy

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
I picked up two plants of (thaianum x concolor) last year.
They have grown larger than I want with a small flower at 2inches across.
To my surprise, it has a strong lemon scent that can be felt a few feet away from the plant. 😍
The scent is there day and night.
The other plant is not yet in bloom. Hope that one has a larger & rounder flower with a better scent. More pressure on that plant because the leaves are almost plain green on that one 😁🍀🍀5379A810-0021-45FF-ABA7-2C29EE804AB8.jpeg0F72543F-16AC-4018-B21E-34AD55BC8E22.jpeg

Last edited:
Neat observation. Also good to hear that the fragrance is not like Paph. concolor. I've got a QF Mini that's fragrant and the pleasant citrusy scent sounds similar to what you described except it's not that strong.

Neat observation. Also good to hear that the fragrance is not like Paph. concolor. I've got a QF Mini that's fragrant and the pleasant citrusy scent sounds similar to what you described except it's not that strong.

Oh, yeah, I’m happy it didn’t take up the rotten egg smell of concolor 😂
I’m surprised how strong the scent is on this one.

It might be a larger flower than what you wanted, but it is a very nice flower and plant and the fragrance is a great bonus.
True, I was actually going to toss it until I realized it was very fragrant.
The leaves are nicely patterned but larger than I want. Wish it was smaller.
The other plant is mostly just plain green and about the same size as this one. I'm curious how it will look in bloom.

I picked up two plants of (thaianum x concolor) last year.
They have grown larger than I want with a small flower at 2inches across.
To my surprise, it has a strong lemon scent that can be felt a few feet away from the plant. 😍
The scent is there day and night.
The other plant is not yet in bloom. Hope that one has a larger & rounder flower with a better scent. More pressure on that plant because the leaves are almost plain green on that one 😁🍀🍀View attachment 40892View attachment 40893
Well now I might have to put this on my list! I really prefer fragrant orchids

True, I was actually going to toss it until I realized it was very fragrant.
The leaves are nicely patterned but larger than I want. Wish it was smaller.
The other plant is mostly just plain green and about the same size as this one. I'm curious how it will look in bloom.
If you decide to toss it, throw it over here to Spain!

Back