2 thaianum, one scented

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are both gorgeous, each in their way, Philippe! The large one exceedingly so! 😋

Do you know the parentage or provenience of the li'l (though one of them not so small) beauties?

Kind regards, Jens

Wow~ first time hearing that this species can be fragrant like delenatii!! Now I want to buy a bunch to try my luck. haha

They are both gorgeous, each in their way, Philippe! The large one exceedingly so! 😋

Do you know the parentage or provenience of the li'l (though one of them not so small) beauties?

Kind regards, Jens
All my thaianum except one comes from Orchids and more in Germany. Thèse two are from Orchids and more

Interesting. I've bloomed two so far from my breeding that have been scented, but they smell like Phalaenopsis bellina.

Interesting. I've bloomed two so far from my breeding that have been scented, but they smell like Phalaenopsis bellina.
Really like bellina?

Bellina's smell like fruit loops with geraniol (64%) and linalool (32%) as the main components.

I must pay attention to the thaianums from now on since all that I have seen and judged (around 50) were non-scented. I wonder if they were a specific ecotype or expression of a recessive gene?

Really like bellina?

Bellina's smell like fruit loops with geraniol (64%) and linalool (32%) as the main components.

I must pay attention to the thaianums from now on since all that I have seen and judged (around 50) were non-scented. I wonder if they were a specific ecotype or expression of a recessive gene?
And if thaianum is a true brachipetalum, small différent leaves, pouch with spots like emersonii ans scented...may be a parvisapalum...not a niveum form...

Back