Zygosepalum Louisendorf 'Rhein Clown'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it does not have any of the Zygo fragrance.

P7030036.jpg

P7030031.jpg

But its zygopetalum shape is very pronounced. Very nice lip!! I had to google for the parentage :) (Zygosepalum labiosum X Zygopetalum Artur Elle). Jean

Ron, mine is in bloom now and I just went to smell it. It does have a fragrance but not as strong as some zygos. Mine also is a little defferent color. One thing about it that I like is it blooms so freely and often. I take a pic of mone.

Marilyn

Love the photos, the color, & too bad about the fragrance. :( ......maybe you have something else hangin' around you can smell instead :poke:

Cute...!!!!! As far as the fragarance is concerned, I would suggest to wait for a couple of days and try at different times during the day!!! Tow hybrids I have usually smelled in evening hours... I hope there will be a sing of lovely smell!!!!

Cute...!!!!! As far as the fragarance is concerned, I would suggest to wait for a couple of days and try at different times during the day!!! Tow hybrids I have usually smelled in evening hours... I hope there will be a sing of lovely smell!!!!
And very often with these, the fragrance takes several days to develop.
I just looked up the parents on this and discovered:
The name on your tag should be: Zygolum Louisendorf (etc.)
The parents are:Zygosepalum labiosum & Zygopetalum Artur Elle.
Artur Elle is fragrant, and according to Jay's orchidspecies.com, so is labiosum.

Dot I should have realized that i wrote the title wrong...thanks for bringing it to my attention. This is not the first blooming of this plant. I have had it for at least 3 years and I have never detected a fragrance. When my Zygo blooms...I can smell it a room away

Latest posts

Back