Which orchid would you walk 2 hours for?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd walk two hours for just about any species orchid that I knew I could grow. And I'm young and not lazy, I like exercise and 2 hours is nothing... :poke:

In defense of walking

Put down the chip bag and put on the walking shoes (you remember them, don't you?)

I can't remember how many orchids I've walked/ridden the bike for 2 hours or more to see and photograph, sometimes all day. We have an excellent transportation system here in my area, but some places are just a bit of the beaten track, so I take my bike there (my "car"). There is Neofinetia nursery around 20 miles right across the deepest part of the city and I go there around 2 or 3 times a year just to see and sometimes buy plants. But in my mind that is actually fun.

Cool Jean. Did you see any new species this time? I bet you are getting ready for the trip to southern China. Have a great time and take pics please!

I should go back to the Aarnescht in a week or 2, but am somewhat too far away then :) !! Thanks Tom, I will do my best :) !! Jean

I met Wenqing and Holger in Dresden, and we have been talking about you quite some time :) !

this one (top pic)..it died two years ago because of my stupidity
I see what you mean. I think all of your new anitum crosses should make some sufficient replacements. Have you picked up Wossner Black Wings/J.B. yet?

Wow, what a great sales pitch!
a. "Hey, do you have plant X yet?"
b. "No, I don't know who has it for sale."
a. "Well, I just happen to have one with your name on it here..."
'Hook, line & sinker! :p

Latest posts

Back