• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What's Lc. National Geographic look like

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! I did not know there was such a hybrid!!! I am very qurious to find out, too, now...:)

Orchid Wiz says it's an old Rod McClellan cross '71. No awards or photos given to the cross and it's comprised of 6 species. 25% warscewiczii and the rest, lavendar type species. So, you're going to have a lavendar/purple warsc. type with maybe some colorful lippage going from the 18% dowiana in it. Be sure to post pics when it blooms. I've never seen this cross before.

Thanks Candace. I have to get orchidwiz....

How do you know it's a steal?

True...but David Off from Waldor I've heard mention the cross before, and I know he and his father collect all the classic catts. So when this in a 8 inch pot with some size behind it and sheaths, now sheath, ( i broke one off though I think it might have already been broken) came up and there was little bidding I got it for 14 bucks.

Also, the greenhouse for teaching are right next to my building I have classes in and five minutes from where I live now. They have an orchid collection, and Im also thinking of bringing it over as a trade for some chance to help clean up their collection and maybe bring some of my plants in also for the time Im here. I mentioned it to her a year ago, but she wasn't keen on it. They really dont have many paphs or phrags so it would help diversify their teaching material...and she'd get free, interested labor. There are so many times I get offered plants that I don't take because I don't have high light, it'd be nice to have someone to give them to.

Latest posts

Back