Paph wardii 'Littlefrog Go Green'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
My contribution to the AOS for the MSU show this weekend. 84pt AM. I always call this alba, but I think it is properly the alboviride form.Some day I will look that up. A lot of this grex (and this one) bloom with two flowers per inflorescence. Orchid Inn breeding.PXL_20240225_223254088.MP.jpg
I keep threatening to upgrade my growing area but wardii loves what I have... They seem to like me.

............ I always call this alba, but I think it is properly the alboviride form.Some day I will look that up. A lot of this grex (and this one) bloom with two flowers per inflorescence. Orchid Inn breeding.......
That's a beauty and regularely two flowers on the spike is quite uncommon. Also congrats to the AM award.
You are right this type of flowers is either alboviride or albino and not alba.

Could I ask a question? Why alboviride?
I looked up the awards to wardii and saw alba, album and alboviride listed amongst all of the colored forms.
I know that I brought up ‘alboviride’ within my team concerning Rob’s plant because that is what I thought it most closely resembled.
I would love to learn a little something concerning this variety.

Could I ask a question? Why alboviride?....
The correct term for these green/white flowers should be alboviride from album = white and viride = green (Latin)

.....I looked up the awards to wardii and saw alba, album and alboviride listed amongst all of the colored forms......
Alba or album is the term for pure white flowers. In my eyes within Paphs they may be allowed a single yellow or green markin on the staminode.
You can find more explication in post #20 from terryos and there was another postin from DirGo which I couldn't find at the moment.

In common usage, album in Paphs has green veins and often green petals. Color forms are often mentioned in awards but aren't of botanical significance. The wardii album or alboviride plants have pretty mottling on the leaves. I might have time to go photograph some today,

... A lot of this grex (and this one) bloom with two flowers per inflorescence. Orchid Inn breeding.
love this... :)

would the parent contributing the multi floral dimension be 'Double Delight'?

and

how big does the plant have to be before you start to see that double flowering?

love this... :)

would the parent contributing the multi floral dimension be 'Double Delight'?

and

how big does the plant have to be before you start to see that double flowering?
Not 'Double Delight' for this grex, I think it is 'New Dimension' x 'Emerald' (or Emerald something).

Plants are basically second or third time bloomers in 2.25" pots. Two growths-ish. But I had some doubles on the first year blooms. Very free flowering, seem to bloom every six months or so.

Not 'Double Delight' for this grex, I think it is 'New Dimension' x 'Emerald' (or Emerald something).

Plants are basically second or third time bloomers in 2.25" pots. Two growths-ish. But I had some doubles on the first year blooms. Very free flowering, seem to bloom every six months or so.
Very good. I have 2 double delight x new dimension. Just hoping for doubles. ;-)

Latest posts

Back