1. Good day. If you cannot log in please use the CONTACT US at the bottom of the page to get help. If you are logged in and do not want the ads, please click on the Little Person icon to get user control panel. At the bottom of Preferences is the opt out area used to turn them off. Remember to save changes. More information in the Talk Back! Forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Well this is bold...

Discussion in 'For Sale/Trade' started by xiphius, Oct 28, 2018.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

1. Nov 14, 2018 #41

Linus_Cello

Linus_Cello

Linus_Cello

Technically FWS is part of the Department of Interior while the Forest Service is part of the Department of Agriculture.

2. Nov 14, 2018 #42

orchid527

orchid527

orchid527

Was not intending to imply they were the same department. Sorry for any confusion. I just wanted to offer some insight as to how these people monitor for violation of rules and laws. Mike

3. Nov 14, 2018 #43

xiphius

xiphius

xiphius

I'm not saying it's impossible. In fact, I would be quite surprised if this site wasn't being monitored. I'm just saying that EBay is far more public than Slippertalk, and you better believe that EBay is being monitored as well...

However, EBay is also a lot bigger, and it's possible that the sheer size creates some level of cover.

What's that famous Great Gatsby quote? "...I like large parties. They're so intimate." :p ...definitely applies

Moot point anyway though. If the seller does get a call from the MIB, then I highly doubt they would say definitively where they got the info from (since this would negate their ability to get future info from the same source).

4. Nov 14, 2018 #44

xiphius

xiphius

xiphius

Sad to hear, but not surprising unfortunately. With the wheels of bureaucracy turning as slowly as they do, by the time they get to a rescue center (if at all) they have probably been sitting in a box on a shelf for 2 months +...

5. Nov 14, 2018 #45

Ray

Ray

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast

It's not slow, bureaucratic wheels that are the issue, its huge trade volumes and limited staff.

6. Nov 14, 2018 #46

xiphius

xiphius

xiphius

That would be why the wheels are slow... (I consider all parts of the process part of "the wheel" :p)