• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Warning!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if it is a randsii, claiming it is "flowering size" with what looks like about an 8-10" leafspan is absurd, no?

-Ernie

Even if it is a randsii, claiming it is "flowering size" with what looks like about an 8-10" leafspan is absurd, no?

-Ernie
while I'm in no way endorsing this seller, I seem to recall that my randsii bloomed on a growth about that size, but the second growth was also close to the same size before the spike started. I'm only using my memory because I don't have it any longer as I traded it for another plant.

TY for informing us Magicboy... :) I hope you did not have any serious problems, cause i see the plant costs a lot!

Personally, the plant shown looks more Phrag then Paph. And Ross..What! you traded away a randsii??? I'd give an eye-tooth for that plant! Boy, I wish I'd been a round when you had this weak moment! You let me know the next time you're giving away rare species. OK? Please.:poke:

That person is notorious for buying ordinary orchids from Ebay vendors and other sources and relabel them as Cyp. irapeanum, Paph. stonei alboviride or any fantasy names indicating rarity. This person, who runs under about three Ebay names, is systematically misleading (I cannot say "betraying" here) the naive and the greedy among the Ebay customers. There is a thread (500+ posts) on a German forum where people list this stuff and I simply can't believe Ebay hasn't stopped this person by now. Ebay has been contacted on several occasions but nothing happenend.

Personally, the plant shown looks more Phrag then Paph. And Ross..What! you traded away a randsii??? I'd give an eye-tooth for that plant! Boy, I wish I'd been a round when you had this weak moment! You let me know the next time you're giving away rare species. OK? Please.:poke:

I agree! Totally looks like a Phrag. to me.

Rick, Tom Kalina mentioned last week that he has randsii available. Seedlings, but still...I think he said they were $35?

I agree! Totally looks like a Phrag. to me.

Rick, Tom Kalina mentioned last week that he has randsii available. Seedlings, but still...I think he said they were $35?

Yep, Tom does, and they are nice chunky seedlings too! Grab 'em from Tom.

Ross, cool info, didn't know they bloomed that small. As you mentioned, the kicker is that yours was two growths.

-Ernie

not that I support this vendor (and thanks for the warning!), but... it is only stated the plant is currently not in bloom, not that it is flowering size!! or did (s)he changed the add?

not that I support this vendor (and thanks for the warning!), but... it is only stated the plant is currently not in bloom, not that it is flowering size!! or did (s)he changed the add?

Maybe he/she also is an avid reader of SlipperTalk:D:D:D

The plant was a royal pain the a$$ to grow and I got an equally rare plant in return.

I beg to differ, they specifically state Paphiopedilum randsii Fs as the name of the item. Fs, or FS more commonly, is the unambiguous abbreviation for flowering size. Maybe the german bit says otherwise, but I can't speak to that.

-Ernie

I beg to differ, they specifically state Paphiopedilum randsii Fs as the name of the item. Fs, or FS more commonly, is the unambiguous abbreviation for flowering size. Maybe the german bit says otherwise, but I can't speak to that.

-Ernie

oops! indeed.. sory, it was in the name of the item :( I have gone through the description and could not see it :( (I obviously need holidays)

-Ernie

The German bit calls the item a strong plant... No mention of flowering size in the main text, the flower pic is (supposed to be) an example.

I agree with others that this plant looks more like a Phrag, but I wrote in my first post that there is usually no correlation between the name and the actual plant offered.

Last spring this person offered rare alba forms of several Pleione species and hybrids. All the bulbs pictured were heavily purple pigmented. Same with Paph micranthum album, where the plants shown were purple underneath the leaves. Very rare form of albinism indeed, where the mutation is only expressed in the flower :evil:

more temptation

Hi guys,

this person is now offering some extremely rare forms of cypripedium species for sale ( macranthos var hotei atsumorianum and farreri albescens (?)) under the seller name of 'deliciosum' and o-seven -eleven. Do NOT be tempted.
You have been warned!!

Regards,

David

We are fighting him here in Germany but it´s impossible to stop him. Too much help for him from eBay ... even negative ratings seems to disappear after some time. Massive complains against him are ignored. Sometimes one of his accounts is deleted but he has a bunch of accounts.

Most of the flower pictures are stolen from around the world.

Remember his real name and never buy or sell anything from him.

Latest posts

Back