Paph. hangianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because they clearly write in their auction that "We not do Phyto-certificate if you want it please contact first and pay for fee is $ 25.00 ,If have problem with customs we not responsible."

So basically, they send undocumented plants and if you get them fine if not they still get your money.

Edit: Along with phyto docs, you also need CITES paperwork for importing plants. Which they don't mention at all in their listing. Buyer beware as usual.

Last edited:
Formosa carries an extensive stock of other breeders' paphs & other orchids.
Just look at the list of paph species & hybrid from their websites including:
Hung sheng, ching Hua, TN orchids. Enough to make you cry,:sob::sob::sob:

http://www.orchids.com.tw/orchids/english/indexe.php

You can contribute to the national debt (trade deficit) in buying zillions of cheap plastic products or tainted milk from Mainland China but not orchid flasks from Taiwan.:sob::sob:
By the way, the plant is the first growth aproaching mature size, and not the flower example multi-growths parent ?, so you may want to know which is the parent in their list.
Any way, thank for the lead.
-their dendrobium suzukii flask looks so tempted, so is the flask of bellatulum var album 'TN-Jade' X self.

Just buy them Hien! :evil:

The price seems to be affordable enough, don't edge me on, I already am tempted, :D Tell you, the price of the hard to find orchids just seems to go lower & lower as peoples have more time to do flaskings.
The shipping may be another story though. better check with seller first.
Normally , I prefer to buy from orchid show, you see exactly what you get. instant gratification.
A few time I did buy via mail-order (worse, from US nurseries, which should have more sanitary control, I got bonus insects that decimated my treasure)

Todd, really? Without correct import paperwork?
They should send those CEOs who created the mess that cost the US 700 billions to jails first.
Think of it, the price tag for the new World Trade Center is 12 billions.
In fact they should send them to Guantanamo bay, these CEOs are worse than terrorists , they destroyed America from inside out, in the process ruining millions of american lives & families.

Last edited:
You would also need CITES paperwork, which isn't addressed in their listing.

Edit: And I forgot the import permit from the USDA. Mine took 3-4 weeks to arrive.

Last edited:
i checked them out in toolhaus.org and lots of people had issues with customs.

I look up the complaints.
All of the latest negative 4 came from the same customer alinou87.
in August the same buyer got his plant, there is good review
(obviously the buyer is awared of the situation, since he/she bought plant from the same source before)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230271028260

The seller did refund the money,one can not be so angry still, so to hurt a seller with negative review is not compassionate.
The question is how much the seller can sell to you with certain price with or without the cost of paper work and still make a living?
Will this same customer be willing to pay 25 dollar more for each plant for phyto?
If you read the review a little bit lower, another buyer did not receive the plants but got refund, this buyer still give the seller good review. The second buyer is definitely classy.
The seller lose his plants & get bad review. No wonder many orchid companies closing shops. Then we wonder why we have to go to HOME DEPOT to look for orchids.

Yeah, the catch is the "we not responsible" part. Anyone want to buy a bridge? If we was responsible, might be worth a shot just to try? Wouldn't touch these with a 10 foot pole.

-Ernie

Latest posts

Back