Veeery hard: Guess the bud

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polyantha

Reaction score
Your guess?

slippertalk_1_1_zpsxi9yahqf.jpg~original

slippertalk_2_zpsa4xdp1hd.jpg~original

Could you share your culture method, please? I remember that you stand them in water, I think.....but how much light? And food?

Cheers,

Alex

Could you share your culture method, please? I remember that you stand them in water, I think.....but how much light? And food?

Cheers,

Alex

I don't have a light meter, but they get very low light amounts, a little more in summer. Almost no fertilizer actually, i found out that 1/8 or so every two weeks is ok, but I am not taking this too serious. Sometimes they don't get any for two months.
Yes, constantly wet. They stand all in a tray with water and I fill it at 1cm, and fill it again if it is evaporated. From this point of view: very easy species. (Almost) no fertilizer, watering every two weeks and low light somewhere in the corner of your greenhouse.
Will make a selfing of this one and sow it. Or if someone has pollen of an anitum that is just standing around in bloom by accident -> send me the pollen please :D

How long have you had this plant? and how big was it back then?
I read that this is a very slow one, so I want to have an idea as I like flowers on this species.

Thank you for that, polyantha! Very useful. Your plant is beautiful, I'll show the picture to my small seedlings.

Alex

Very promizing!! :clap:

Will make a selfing of this one and sow it. Or if someone has pollen of an anitum that is just standing around in bloom by accident -> send me the pollen please :D

Mine will bloom but it's only in very low bud, so I think it will be opened at least a couple weeks after you... I would be happy to share pollen with you if your flower can last long enough! :wink:

Very promizing!! :clap:

Mine will bloom but it's only in very low bud, so I think it will be opened at least a couple weeks after you... I would be happy to share pollen with you if your flower can last long enough! :wink:

That would be awesome. Can you PM me your email address and I will tell you when it is in bloom and I will send you the pollen of mine too.

Latest posts

Back