Two bellatulums

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Here are two plants passed on to me by a friend who will not be able to attend our up coming show. I'm to add them into my display.
bellatulum2jay4-09.jpg

Aclose up of the one on the left:
bellatulum3jay4-09.jpg

I wouldn't mine having either one!

They are fantastic! I would love the one on the left. Are there any clonal names or details of the cross on the labels?

They are fantastic! I would love the one on the left. Are there any clonal names or details of the cross on the labels?
Elena,
I didn't pay any attention to the labels as far as parents. I can tell you that Jay got them for Hilltop Orchids. I don't know anything about this firm.
The plant on the left is multigrowth and that probably helps with the size of the flower. The other is a single with a new start.

Here are two plants passed on to me by a friend who will not be able to attend our up coming show. I'm to add them into my display.
I wouldn't mine having either one!
:clap::clap:Me neither! You know we expect to see a picture of the display!

.... Jay got them for Hilltop Orchids. I don't know anything about this firm.....
sounds vaguely familiar but can't put a finger on it! With plants like that, we'll remember the name!

... Jay got them for Hilltop Orchids.

Hilltop Orchids, owned by Dick Wells, in Cloverdale Indiana. Dick is a great guy, a very knowlegdeable grower and a man with a good eye for a select Paph or Phal. Most of Dick's hybridizing has been with Phalaenopsis, but the cheap meristems from Taiwan have largely killed his enthusiasm for Phal hybridizing. He has a very nice collection of Phals and Paphs, well worth the side trip for those that come through the area. He's about and hour NW of Indianapolis, 4 hours from Chicago, in the middle of farm country.

contact info - [email protected] or (765) 795-6016 - tell Dick or Sandy that I sent you. ;)

Beautiful bellatulums.

I concur with Leo -- I've gotten some very nice plants from Dick & Sandy. One of them is a Phal equestris which won best of class at the MOS show last weekend.

Back