Dresden Show (March 21-24th, 2024) with EOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have decided to attend and hopefully judge this show to see what all the fuss is about lol.

Will any of our EU friends of ST be attending? If so, please come and say hi if you see me! Would love a quick meet and chat! (Call out to David, Dirk, Jens, Rudolf and Istvan!)

The show will also coincide with the EOC (European Orchid Council) meeting and show/conference with lots of interesting international lecturers including Olaf Grus and Michael Tibbs.

Judging is on the morning of the 20th. I’ll see Dave from PaphParadise there I’m sure!! (*Dave will also be giving a talk there)

https://europeanorchidcouncil.eu/conference/

Hi Leslie, you made a good decicion and at any rate I will be there together with another German orchid mate. I think we will be there on Thursday March 21. I think we talk about the rest via PM.
See you soon.

Leslie, you will like the show.

I see you'll be in the team judging Cattleyas. That's a good team you're in.

We'll be meeting on Wednesday 20th, looking forward to it!

sounds well that so many interesting persons will come. There is also an interesting presentation of Franz Glanz together with me about all of his hybrids in the last 50 Years. Here with Paph. Wössner Winston Magic and Wössner China Moon

Attachments

• Paphiopedilum Wössner Winston Magic 'Wössen' GM DOG (Paphiopedilum Winston Churchill x Paphiop...jpg
    Paphiopedilum Wössner Winston Magic 'Wössen' GM DOG (Paphiopedilum Winston Churchill x Paphiop...jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Paphiopedilum Wössner China Moon 'Franz' GM 2015 c mit Franz Glanz.jpg
    Paphiopedilum Wössner China Moon 'Franz' GM 2015 c mit Franz Glanz.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 2
sounds well that so many interesting persons will come. There is also an interesting presentation of Franz Glanz together with me about all of his hybrids in the last 50 Years. Here with Paph. Wössner Winston Magic and Wössner China Moon
Great to chat with you at WOC Taiwan. I’ll see you soon at Dresden!

Leslie, you will like the show.

I see you'll be in the team judging Cattleyas. That's a good team you're in.

We'll be meeting on Wednesday 20th, looking forward to it!
I met Labskaus aka Carsten at judging. What a friendly and nice guy!

2BB1D2E1-00BE-497F-AEF0-47425B72C4A6.jpeg

Last edited:
I finally made it to the show!

What a joy to judge with the great German team who are both knowledgeable and kind!

And the displays were wonderful with pristine plants and artistic natural display. What I was most impressed with was the seamless integration of plants with the main fountain feature, the multiple cafe and seating areas alongside the vendors.

Here are just some of the photos of my favourite display and plants:

0EAD7230-9494-488E-8330-3B9AC116DF34.jpeg6DAD4048-5906-4368-BC99-EAB13F968A38.jpeg16D5BCAF-D810-46BC-A83D-E3485CC8939B.jpeg494BF63E-4AB6-4217-9BEA-1F1873C53C65.jpegB58FBB78-4BD3-40BC-A1E0-1ABF014B1B5B.jpeg4256EC52-AAA9-4AE9-9630-DE65685718B4.jpegA3947DAF-9556-4B2B-A1E0-37331C5ED079.jpegB713C85B-59AE-4D07-837B-9F88A40F855D.jpeg6FB29F85-E194-4383-9464-27A3F64C6C95.jpeg1B603503-B44D-4EA4-A69B-8AE712D1EACA.jpeg

It is a must go for all those orchid fans. It is also whispered to me by many EU participants that it is the best and biggest show in Europe.

I should have arranged so I could have met up with you.
I was there today from 10am till about 2pm.
Tons of visitors which made shopping and taking photos a major test of patience, but what a show!!! loved it and will definitely come back every year!
The lighting on display was not photo friendly (so thank you for sharing your video for others to see and enjoy) and the crowd made it very difficult to take photos, but I will share handful of photos I did take tomorrow. time to hit the bed for me.
I came home with super fragrant Phalaenopsis schilleriana and very well-shaped Phalaenopsis stuartiana var. nobilis from Joseph Wu Orchids, and Mormodes rolfeana var. flava (or yellow flower as the tag says) from Peru flora.

I didn’t know you were there HP! If you are there today Friday or Saturday, I’ll be there after 2/3 pm. Glad you had some great buys!

Last edited:
I didn’t know you where there HP! If you are there today Friday or Saturday, I’ll be there after 2/3 pm. Glad you had some great buys!
I am back in Berlin which is only about 2 hours bus ride away, but I don't think I'll be going back.
Too much temptation! lol
Plus, the bus on the way back in the evening was delayed by one hour and I was quite upset my plants might be negatively affected.
No plans to visit Berlin before leaving? ;)
Are you coming back next year since you enjoyed it so much? haha

Had a wonderful time at show today and met up with two more ST members Rudolf (Guru) and Martin (Martin). They were extremely nice and hospitable. We talk shop all day!

View attachment 46219
Me, Alex, Martin and Rudolf.
Way cool to put faces and real names with screen names!

Last edited:
I am back in Berlin which is only about 2 hours bus ride away, but I don't think I'll be going back.
Too much temptation! lol
Plus, the bus on the way back in the evening was delayed by one hour and I was quite upset my plants might be negatively affected.
No plans to visit Berlin before leaving? ;)
Are you coming back next year since you enjoyed it so much? haha
Such a short visit. What did you buy?

No Berlin this time for me.

Not sure about next year but definitely for WOC Dresden in 2026!

Had a wonderful time at show today and met up with two more ST members Rudolf (Guru) and Martin (Martin). They were extremely nice and hospitable. We talk shop all day!
Leslie, I must give the compliment back to you, because it was also for us a great pleasure to meet you and talk with you about orchids and all the world and his brother.
I should have arranged so I could have met up with you.
I was there today from 10am till about 2pm.........
HP7, would have been also a great peasure to say hello to you an talk with you. Maybe next time or next year.

.....Here are just some of the photos of my favourite display and plants:

View attachment 46199
Though I kept my eyes a lot on Paphs in the displays I'm inclined to say that this display fascinated me the most. Lovely clumps of colouful D. cuthbertsonii ann exetremly well grown Sophronitis (Cattleya) acuensis and other Sophronitis, a very pretty Pleurothallis costaricensis and many others lovely orchids.

Latest posts

Back