Tonsum influences

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trithor

Chico (..... the clown)
Reaction score
Am I correct in my understanding that tonsum tends to spread spots into a blush and create pinks (as in Olivia)? Would it do the same thing with some of the old whites? Like Huddle or FC Puddle? I can find very little info or pictures to establish a trend. For instance, I assume the result of tonsum crossed with godefroyae would be similar to with niveum (Olivia)
Does anyone have any take on what tonsum will do in hybrids?

this is x spicerianum:
image.php

this is x villosum:
image.php

I think crossing to FC Puddle would make for an interesting outcome.

It seems to me that only divisions of the original Olivia are good....I believe I read somehwere that all attempts to repeat the cross ( x niveum) have produced ugly or deformed progeny.

you can see the cross between tonsum and Dusty Miller (Dusty Belle) on aos databases. Ilt is white and pink. I discussed the fact with Paul Philipps and he confirms the blush pink on that hybrid.

The cross between Olivia ans sukhakulii : Nuage Rose keeps a lot of pink for mOlivia : the pouch and spots.
I think tonsun is a good species for hybridation and neglected actually.

you can see the cross between tonsum and Dusty Miller (Dusty Belle) on aos databases. Ilt is white and pink. I discussed the fact with Paul Philipps and he confirms the blush pink on that hybrid.

The cross between Olivia ans sukhakulii : Nuage Rose keeps a lot of pink for mOlivia : the pouch and spots.
I think tonsun is a good species for hybridation and neglected actually.

I was starting to think I was mad. I have crossed tonsum onto Rosy Dawn, FC Puddle, Huddle, White Knight and (niveum x Hitachi Venus). All five pods seem to be doing well and are now three months along. Perhaps I am still mad?

Latest posts

Back