The growing areas MEGATHREAD!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob -- Congrats! Soon you will have two little orchids running around!

Heather -- your new place looks like it was made for growing plants.

I thought I'd post pics of some of my growing areas in the house. Some of you have already seen these, but for the rest of you, enjoy!:)

Here's my main grow room. It has a 430w HPS light with natural light coming from windows facing NW and NE. there is also a 4ft., 3 shelf light cart on the inside wall.

HPSRoom3.jpg

HPSRoom2.jpg

Here's a picture of one of the three light carts in the basement.

Lightstand.jpg

Here is my grow area, however I have to admit, not many Paphs yet. Although I now have 4 more than what are in the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 171
  • garden2.jpg
    garden2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 141
  • garden3.jpg
    garden3.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 104
  • garden6.jpg
    garden6.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 80
not all the attachments showed.

Attachments

• garden4.jpg
    garden4.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 80
  • garden5.jpg
    garden5.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 75
paphreek said:
Thanks!:) When my wife saw the "super-organized" comment......well, she's still on the floor laughing.
You mean (gasp!) photographs can lie???

Stephen and Orchid Interests: lovely set-up and beautiful "garden."

I have posted photos of this before, but I made some changes, and sold quite a few plants.

ghouse1.jpg

The greenhouse is now lit by two T5 fluorescent fixtures and some supplemental lighting. I have two metal shelving units with three shelves each.

ghouse2.jpg

The view with the door open. I have a computerized timer system now that turns the lights on at 7am and turns them off at 7pm. The fan is set to shut off for a couple of hours overnight. The humidifier is also set on a system, but I am still working out the timing.

ghouse3.jpg

Here are the Phrags (besseae and besseae hybrids) and Phals (bellina, equestris, violacea and a couple of blue hybrids)

ghouse4.jpg

Here are the Paphs (rothschildianum and philippinense) and the Japanese orchid species and hybrids.

I think I may add two more fluorescent fixtures. The bottom shelves don't get very much light.

John your little greenhouse is awesome. That's exactly what I need! Sorry if you've already answered this one, but where'd ya get that neato enclosure?

Home Depot online for $99. Only available through the website though. It measures 5' wide x 5' deep x 6.5' tall. Just enough room to move around in and not much more.

Latest posts

Back