Teacup philippinense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful, great growing! What a special form of the species... I have a sister plant that I can't wait to have bloom for the first time too one day soon!

Thank you. I actually have no idea what island they came from. Largest growth is 6" leaf span and the pot is 3".

I know there is a man and female tall 1,80meter and man and female tall 1,50 and less too.( specially in Italy there are a very compact man:rollhappy:but new generations are higher)
now in my ignorance I don't understand why this guy is so tiny ? there is a genetic predisposition or not ,have you grow it with special cure? or Its a case of dwarfism ? did you know that before to buy it? I seen some month ago on slippertalk that another member has show us a tiny roth too ,are these a random cases or not ?( in Italy named it "fattore B")
last question,have this kind of plant more merits of a normal size when it was judged ?
Thanks in advance.
anyways this plant is a true jewel ,the compact form elates Its beauty.
congrats,Anna

I bet every windowcill grower is real excited to see this one! That is lovely.
I have a mini roths that hopefully will flower later in the year, perhaps we should try and make mini St Swithins

Very nice plant. I love seeing these. I actually have several of these. I have three or four with about 8 in LS and two or three with about 3 or 4 in LS in 2in pots with several growths. They are really small. They were collected plants from Ray Rands and are just a tad bigger than my helenae. But I don't think any of them have the fat wide leaves like yours.

I know there is a man and female tall 1,80meter and man and female tall 1,50 and less too.( specially in Italy there are a very compact man:rollhappy:but new generations are higher)
now in my ignorance I don't understand why this guy is so tiny ? there is a genetic predisposition or not ,have you grow it with special cure? or Its a case of dwarfism ? did you know that before to buy it? I seen some month ago on slippertalk that another member has show us a tiny roth too ,are these a random cases or not ?( in Italy named it "fattore B")
last question,have this kind of plant more merits of a normal size when it was judged ?
Thanks in advance.
anyways this plant is a true jewel ,the compact form elates Its beauty.
congrats,Anna

Hi Anna, I have not done any different for this plant in fact. It is growing beside a big variety of Paph philippinense. It's cousin's leaf span is 2 inches wide and 28 inches long in leaf span. I just think that the plant is very widespread and perhaps just evolved/adapt particular to its geographical locations.

I bet every windowcill grower is real excited to see this one! That is lovely.
I have a mini roths that hopefully will flower later in the year, perhaps we should try and make mini St Swithins

I can save pollen if you want.

Very nice plant. I love seeing these. I actually have several of these. I have three or four with about 8 in LS and two or three with about 3 or 4 in LS in 2in pots with several growths. They are really small. They were collected plants from Ray Rands and are just a tad bigger than my helenae. But I don't think any of them have the fat wide leaves like yours.

Nice novelty. It looks to me to be leaning towards the laevigatum form of philly.

I have various philippinense (6 different clones) and this is the smallest one. One of them is labelled as Paph philippinense var laevigatum and this plant is only a quarter of that size. The philippinense complex is so damn confusing that is why I just call them all philippinense :rollhappy:

Back