Something at A & P orchid

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baodai

Reaction score
Enjoy everyone
BD

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Picture 047.jpg
    Picture 047.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture 050.jpg
    Picture 050.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 78
I was just there today I didn't see that white paph. Most of it was roped off because they had an open house for xmas . Our Orchid Society went there as part of our xmas party.

Ray

Paph. Clover Charm

That first white is a Paph Clover Charm, which is niveum crossed with Meon. Meon is a green Maudiae type thing...

-Tim

I didn't even know that A&P still eixisted....I thought that they had shifted over to phals...then I never heard of them again..............Eric

some more

I left with a phrag.
BD

Attachments

• Picture 045.jpg
    Picture 045.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Picture 048.jpg
    Picture 048.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture 047.jpg
    Picture 047.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 19
Ray,
You didn't see the white paph, maybe it was in my car before you came. Sorry. Was you the one with the Cane?
BD

Yeah, I bought my first slipper orchid from A&P. Nick's a sweetheart. Always remembered me from when I bought that St. Peter. Now I know him cause we work the shows together. I wonder how much the Mass Hort. Flower Show being cancelled is going to hurt their business.

They do have a lot fewer paphs and phrags at shows - concentrate more on Phals and the complex slippers for sales but that also probably has something to do with Glen Decker selling more of the species slippers and not wanting to compete. Anyway, they're alive and well, obviously.

What a great thing for a society x-mas party. I wish ours did something a little more orchid related than just getting together to eat lunch. :rolleyes: (why I did not attend this year...)

A&P has always been mostly into slippers and they use to do a lot of their own breeding.The Dr had some impressive breeding stock for the time .They were heavy into multiflorals and parvis and have been doing the complex crosses way before that trend evolved. I think the shift into phals came as we all know that phals are where the money is made in the wholesale trade which I would speculate is a majority of their business. Nick was my patient guide into the world of slipper orchids when I first got hooked on them 10 years ago and I have many hundreds of their orchids. Dr Mustafah is a very knowledgeable grower and breeder but has a talent for putting people off. Nick on the on the hand, is probably one of my favorite orchid 'friends' which reminds me to make a point to head on down to see him. They are a great slipper resource and don't be mislead by the limited supply of slipper orchids at the shows, they have a very large inventory of slippers.
Rob

Back