Some more greenhorns

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The natural hybrid between P. nutans and P. curta, P. Nodding Grace:

PtNoddingGrace.jpg

It should be called Disgrace what with the tongue out and everything :D

Thanks for the growing tips. I had quick look around and Rare Plants in UK have a bunch of various Pterostylis species and hybrids but nutans seems to be out of stock. I'd definitely try growing these at some point.

Tom
About how long do the blooms last?
Have you tried to polinate any?
Thanks
John

Well, you must have lots if they are so easy - spread them around!:D

Love to Kevin, but I'm in Japan so getting them out would be, ah, not on the up and up. Tough to find them in the states, but they are fairly available in Europe in terrestrial orchid circles, and a few vendors.

It should be called Disgrace what with the tongue out and everything :D

Thanks for the growing tips. I had quick look around and Rare Plants in UK have a bunch of various Pterostylis species and hybrids but nutans seems to be out of stock. I'd definitely try growing these at some point.

Indeed, a disgrace! Lovely disgrace though...yes, Paul Christian does have a good assortment, but don't be bummed by the sizes you get - they tend to be small. The good news is that they grow well.

Tom
About how long do the blooms last?
Have you tried to polinate any?
Thanks
John

Around 3-6 weeks depending on the conditions and species. In the fall P. x furcillata flowers for at least a month and somewhere in the pot a plant is in flower for even up to 2 months. Never tried to pollinate them since they are veritable weeds. Typically they increase 3-4 fold in just one season and I've had years where they increase even more. Case in point, P. x furcillata went from 1 tuber, to 5, to over 30 this year! That's pretty darn easy in my opinion.

Love to Kevin, but I'm in Japan so getting them out would be, ah, not on the up and up. Tough to find them in the states, but they are fairly available in Europe in terrestrial orchid circles, and a few vendors..

I was only kidding, but I would love to to get soem if I could find them.

Latest posts

Back