Bletilla striata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very impressive, Todd. Hmmmm? Kinda' makes me feel silly for posting my wimpy 2-flowered spike. This stem on your plant is so much more impressive than mine.

a spike is already a great achievement! :clap: i can't keep mine alive at all! I just went and bought a bulb of each color AGAIN from the garden store :sob:

I usually keep them at todd's temps.
However this year I didn't put them in a very cold dormancy. probably the lowest they got to was 16C I wonder if I will see blooms this year.

John, I have 2 albas...from two different sources. Both are reliable with strong growth BUT on one, the individual flowers last only 3 days while the other lasts well over a week. I expect the short-lived one will be a short-lived plant!

My 'aurea' is showing some pigmentation on the bud sheaths so it looks like it won't turn out as an alba...maybe just a plain pink??? Still no colour in the buds yet. There are 4 growths, all with buds and 2 of the growths have at least 8 buds...so it has potential!

Latest posts

Back