Some Brachypetalum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the moment I'm pleased with my Paphis of the section Brachypetalum. Almost all of my plants are in flower or at least are spiking.

Paph niveum album
paph_niveum_album.jpg

paph_niveum_album_1.jpg

Paph bellatulum
paph_bellatulum_13.jpg

paph_bellatulum_13_1.jpg

For comparison here its flower of 2012 (there are differences visible)
paph_bellatulum.jpg

Paph concolor var. longipetalum
paph_concolor_longipetalum_13.jpg

paph_concolor_longipetalum_13_1.jpg

Paph godefroyae album (meanwhile the flower is completely open)
paph_godefroyae_album_13_b.jpg

I would be pleased to.

I really like the long-petalled concolor. I need to keep my eyes open for a good one like that.

I assume that the concolor longipetalum is the same as 'striatum'?

Nope striatum has the same shape of a normal concolor. However the dots line up on a straight line to create a horizontal dotted line effect on the petals.

That is a nice concolor var longipetalum.

Nope striatum has the same shape of a normal concolor. However the dots line up on a straight line to create a horizontal dotted line effect on the petals.

That is a nice concolor var longipetalum.

Then my striatums are incorrectly labeled. I bought them on a trip to the East a few years back, labeled as striatum, but had very long petals and a much deeper yellow colour. Can't remember the pattern of the spotting, and don't think I have a picture anymore to remind myself. Guess I will just have to wait for them to re flower (if they ever do:(!)

Fantastic plants Rudolf. You are a lot better at growing these than me. Love the longipetalum. I can see a clear improvement in the bellatulum. Do you put that down to anything in particular?

Nice photos as well.

Lovely, lovely Brachys. I really love the bella. My penchant for growing
mostly Brachys is that most of the time one is looking at foliage and the
foliage might as well be beautiful. The yearly flowering is a bonus!

Wow! Paph niveum album is not that common and the longipetalum is fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing, (although I thought there would be more-time to buy some Paphs!! :p)

In these days with a long lasting spell of sunshine here in Germany I'm spending only few time in front of my computer. But today I decided to post the photos of the P. godefroyae album which I took already 4 weeks ago just few days after I posted the photo when it was in bud.
I hope you will enjoy them......even when it's belated.
BTW Hakone would call it 'P. leucochilum album' :poke:

paph_godefroyae_album_13.jpg

paph_godefroyae_album_13_1.jpg

Meanwhile P. niveum and P. godefroyae are in flower and I will take the photos as soon as possible. So.....to be continued.

Latest posts

Back