My Brachypetalums in 2023

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paph. thaianum flowers regularly and perceived she flowers half time of the whole year with at least one flower. I took this photo almost 6 weeks ago(03.27.) and this flower is still fresh and alive whereas the next spike has developed and the bud needs only short time until she will open.

09620_23.03.27_paph_thaianum.jpg

Paph. niveum
I've grown this plant for many years now, exact since 2011, and after a spell of good growth there was a dent when the plant grew backwards. But she recovered and is now in flower again.
09747_23.05.04_paph_niveum.jpg

09749_23.05.04_paph_niveum.jpg

Paph. godefroyae
Colouration and patterns of the flower are quite good the deficit is the cupped flower ..... but I don't want to bring it for judging and I like it .... nevertheless her deficit.

09760_23.05.04_Paph_godefroyae.jpg

I took the photo with two different backdrops to show the influence of the backdrop of the different perception of a flower. In case of light flowers a dark backdrop seems to be more appropriate.
09761_23.05.04_Paph_godefroyae.jpg

Paphiopedilum godefroyae var. leucochilum
I'm glad to show my pure leucochilum here after all that controversy discussion .... and Leslie, I hope it will be able to withstand the critical views of an AOS judge.

10162_23.08.31_paph_godefroyae_var.leucochilum.jpg
10160_23.08.31_paph_godefroyae_var.leucochilum.jpg

Paphiopedilum Greyi (Paph. godefroyae x Paph. niveum)

Bought as pure P. godefroyae but it was very clear by it's first flower .... something was wrong with the name.

10170_23.08.31_paph_Greyi.jpg

10173_23.08.31_paph_Greyi.jpg

Last edited:
Paphiopedilum Greyi (Paph. godefroyae x Paph. niveum)
Bought as pure P. godefroyae but it was very clear by it's first flower .... something was wrong with the name.
Something clearly went wrong with the name... though, nothing wrong with the flower, Rudolf! Very nice round form and nice chunky pouch! 🙂

Last edited:
Back