• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Select roth

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me an award from AOS means less than zero. It does create a record but I don't even trust the measurements taken. Can be highly personally motivated in many occasions. Seen too many issues. I want to see the flower for myself. If high end collectors and best breeders never take their plants to judging the AOS award means even less.

Right with ya brother!

I've seen the comradary, you scratch mine, I'll scratch yours, garbage plants awarded, small bloom multiflorals with straight down petals etc.. terry glancy explained to me how it works

I strongly disagree. High end collectors I know don't care about awards. People who pay for select paphs know what they are looking at most of the time. They usually have a good idea of the market value as well since they help set it.

You're advertising on EBay and I think the general orchid growing populace, in general, are swayed by awards. Im sure awards are much less of an issue with high cost plants and when you have a relationship with high end buyers.

Latest posts

Back