Paph. rothschildianum “PT1” x “Butterfly” (2010)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camellkc

Reaction score
An old breeding series from Taiwan, and produces well above average standard flower this time.

DS: 6.7 cm (measuring from the leftmost to the rightmost of the dorsal, NOT the curve length of it.)
NS: 30 cm
Petal width: 2 cm

Attachments

• IMG_5823.jpeg
    IMG_5823.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
What an outstanding clone. It has it all - size, presentation and shape. This cross seems to have consistently produced high quality flowers. In fact, the cross itself received an AQ award in 2012. A couple of seedlings were awarded. I think your plant is as good, if not better, than those.

Beautiful presentation and I absolutely love the wide segments. Plant looks very healthy too, congrats!

It is the third blooming, hence, little chance for further improvement.
posting this for others to comment on... since i don;t consider my depth of experience enough to comment authoritatively....

From conversations with breeders and large growing operations, the ongoing thread i've heard for Roths is that its after the 3rd blooming cycles, into the 7th or 8th years, where the plants are really getting their feet under them where you truly see their potential...

love to hear others thoughts...

posting this for others to comment on... since i don;t consider my depth of experience enough to comment authoritatively....

From conversations with breeders and large growing operations, the ongoing thread i've heard for Roths is that its after the 3rd blooming cycles, into the 7th or 8th years, where the plants are really getting their feet under them where you truly see their potential...

love to hear others thoughts...

I think it is more about getting the plant into a nice size clump of 4 or more growths where you start to see the plant reach its full potential. This might be associated with its 3rd blooming cycle. But then I have some roths that have flowered multiple times that are still only one or two growths and hence never seem to reach their full potential.

Latest posts

Back