rothschildianums 2018

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Had a nice little crop of roths earlier this spring. Here are some highlights:

rothschildianum 'Mont Millais' FCC/AOS, GM/WOC

true division, NS 29 cm

rothschildianum 'Sam's Choice' x 'MM Best'. Seedling grown from flask. My best of this cross so far -- small flower but very dark.

WAUW...that's a freakin' dark colouration of the lip, no, actually of the whole flower!

I assume it's a first time bloomer? And therefore with lots of space for development in the size department...over time!

Kind regards, Jens

WAUW...that's a freakin' dark colouration of the lip, no, actually of the whole flower!

I assume it's a first time bloomer? And therefore with lots of space for development in the size department...over time!

Kind regards, Jens

Yes I will be keeping this one for sure! Agree it should get bigger on a more developed plant.

I forgot to mention the MM clone has bloomed three years in a row and two years in a row with five flowers. It is a very robust grower.

Wow, great growing!

I must confess that I like Mont Millias the best. The contrast between the color of the pouch and petals & sepals is the most striking; and the petal presentation is just as good as Red Baron x Mighty.

I am very envious.

Yeah it is the Real McCoy. Incredible clone. In fact this one plant is basically the reason I grow orchids.

Wonderful Justin. Getting a NS of 29 cm for MM is pretty impressive. Mistake me if I am wrong, but I read that MM got an FCC with an NS of 26.0 cm and a dorsal width of 5.5 cm, which is relatively small by today's standards. You have clearly improved on that. What dorsal width did you get?

Wonderful Justin. Getting a NS of 29 cm for MM is pretty impressive. Mistake me if I am wrong, but I read that MM got an FCC with an NS of 26.0 cm and a dorsal width of 5.5 cm, which is relatively small by today's standards. You have clearly improved on that. What dorsal width did you get?

Thanks David!

DW is usually 5.5.

I agree with Tyrone,
I love the MM best too, I am thinking even if you don't tell us that it is the MM clone, it still jumps out from the rest.

Latest posts

Back