Recent acquisitions

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

SlipperFan

Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
43,287
Reaction score
20
Location
Michigan, USA
Paph. argus (I saw one posted here earlier, fell in love, and when a source popped up... well, here it is.)



This is Paph. Mietenkam (niveum x wilhelminae)



And Paph. Oberhausen's Diament (primulinum x sanderianum)

 

Hien

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
102
ya, argus is in my contemplating list.... should I or should I not..
 

Candace

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
4,855
Reaction score
0
Location
Elk Grove, CA
Slipperfan, I'd love it to hear if you bloom the Paph. Mietenkam (niveum x wilhelminae) easily again. I've got a HUGE pot of it, at least 50 growths that's never bloomed for me. I suspect it's an overgrown compot that I bought 4-5 years ago. The roots were so intertwined I didn't want to separate them so have just potted up over the years. I've tried upping the light in the greenhouse, a cold chill of down to 45 degrees for a week and nothing. Yours is gorgeous so I will resist my urge to throw them against the wall. I bloom my other paphs with no problems.
 
G

gore42

Guest
Looks like a nice collection of blooms :) I just bought some argus, too... should be blooming this week :)

- Matt
 

NYEric

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
48,667
Reaction score
427
Location
New York City Apartment
Candace said:
Yours is gorgeous so I will resist my urge to throw them against the wall. I bloom my other paphs with no problems.
When you get tired of these taking up space let me know and I'll take them.
 

Candace

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
4,855
Reaction score
0
Location
Elk Grove, CA
I threw them outside for another week of cool banishment. Soon they may be for sale on ebay as a "rare, foliage-only paph orchid. Never blooms! Highly sought after".
 

SlipperFan

Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
43,287
Reaction score
20
Location
Michigan, USA
Candace said:
Slipperfan, I'd love it to hear if you bloom the Paph. Mietenkam (niveum x wilhelminae) easily again. I've got a HUGE pot of it, at least 50 growths that's never bloomed for me. I suspect it's an overgrown compot that I bought 4-5 years ago. The roots were so intertwined I didn't want to separate them so have just potted up over the years. I've tried upping the light in the greenhouse, a cold chill of down to 45 degrees for a week and nothing. Yours is gorgeous so I will resist my urge to throw them against the wall. I bloom my other paphs with no problems.
My plant is from Florida, so I suspect it likes warmth. But I'll try to remember your question, and see how it likes my Michigan conditions.

If you think yours is actually a compot, why not try separating the pieces and see what happens. Maybe they don't like being tangled in each other's roots.
 

Candace

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
4,855
Reaction score
0
Location
Elk Grove, CA
My plant is from Florida, too. It's very, very happy...just no blooms. We;re getting 45ish temps at night, so they're getting a chill. I may separate them to make them a bit unhappy! Then I'll yell at them a little.
 
E

Eric Muehlbauer

Guest
Mine came from Fla......from Thanh Nguyyen. It spiked soon after I got it, and it should open for me within the next 2 weeks...I did keep it in my cool room. Take care, Eric
 

SlipperFan

Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
43,287
Reaction score
20
Location
Michigan, USA
Eric Muehlbauer said:
Mine came from Fla......from Thanh Nguyyen. It spiked soon after I got it, and it should open for me within the next 2 weeks...I did keep it in my cool room. Take care, Eric
That's where I got mine, also, Eric.
 

SlipperFan

Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
43,287
Reaction score
20
Location
Michigan, USA
An update:

Since I posted the photos, I've learned that my niveum x wilhelminiae is incorrectly named -- It is actually Paph. Lyro Bellissima. The cross was made and registered by Bob Wellenstein.

Thanks, Bob!
 
E

Eric Muehlbauer

Guest
Damn! Checked my argus today and the bud was all brown. Not happy......I rarely lose buds when they are nearly ready to open....Oh well.......Take care, Eric
 

Latest posts

Top