Recent acquisitions

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Paph. argus (I saw one posted here earlier, fell in love, and when a source popped up... well, here it is.)

This is Paph. Mietenkam (niveum x wilhelminae)

And Paph. Oberhausen's Diament (primulinum x sanderianum)

Hien

Reaction score
ya, argus is in my contemplating list.... should I or should I not..

Candace

Reaction score
Slipperfan, I'd love it to hear if you bloom the Paph. Mietenkam (niveum x wilhelminae) easily again. I've got a HUGE pot of it, at least 50 growths that's never bloomed for me. I suspect it's an overgrown compot that I bought 4-5 years ago. The roots were so intertwined I didn't want to separate them so have just potted up over the years. I've tried upping the light in the greenhouse, a cold chill of down to 45 degrees for a week and nothing. Yours is gorgeous so I will resist my urge to throw them against the wall. I bloom my other paphs with no problems.

G

gore42

Looks like a nice collection of blooms :) I just bought some argus, too... should be blooming this week :)

- Matt

NYEric

Reaction score
Candace said:
Yours is gorgeous so I will resist my urge to throw them against the wall. I bloom my other paphs with no problems.
When you get tired of these taking up space let me know and I'll take them.

Candace

Reaction score
I threw them outside for another week of cool banishment. Soon they may be for sale on ebay as a "rare, foliage-only paph orchid. Never blooms! Highly sought after".

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Candace said:
Slipperfan, I'd love it to hear if you bloom the Paph. Mietenkam (niveum x wilhelminae) easily again. I've got a HUGE pot of it, at least 50 growths that's never bloomed for me. I suspect it's an overgrown compot that I bought 4-5 years ago. The roots were so intertwined I didn't want to separate them so have just potted up over the years. I've tried upping the light in the greenhouse, a cold chill of down to 45 degrees for a week and nothing. Yours is gorgeous so I will resist my urge to throw them against the wall. I bloom my other paphs with no problems.
My plant is from Florida, so I suspect it likes warmth. But I'll try to remember your question, and see how it likes my Michigan conditions.

If you think yours is actually a compot, why not try separating the pieces and see what happens. Maybe they don't like being tangled in each other's roots.

Candace

Reaction score
My plant is from Florida, too. It's very, very happy...just no blooms. We;re getting 45ish temps at night, so they're getting a chill. I may separate them to make them a bit unhappy! Then I'll yell at them a little.

E

Eric Muehlbauer

Mine came from Fla......from Thanh Nguyyen. It spiked soon after I got it, and it should open for me within the next 2 weeks...I did keep it in my cool room. Take care, Eric

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Eric Muehlbauer said:
Mine came from Fla......from Thanh Nguyyen. It spiked soon after I got it, and it should open for me within the next 2 weeks...I did keep it in my cool room. Take care, Eric
That's where I got mine, also, Eric.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
An update:

Since I posted the photos, I've learned that my niveum x wilhelminiae is incorrectly named -- It is actually Paph. Lyro Bellissima. The cross was made and registered by Bob Wellenstein.

Thanks, Bob!

E

Eric Muehlbauer

Damn! Checked my argus today and the bud was all brown. Not happy......I rarely lose buds when they are nearly ready to open....Oh well.......Take care, Eric